Xmas menus 2022

KWA

The first two sittings at Nicky's were booked by late November, so I imagine it is now fully booked.

316232675_578346980960612_5983458634340989460_n.jpg

Tigglebitties Tavern is usually sold out by mid-December.

318483146_593662555896488_2806822672501059781_n.jpg

The all-you-can-eat buffet at Chik-N-Coop bar is probably the best value-for-money Christmas dinner in town.  Coop's buffet always tastes just like your Mom made, assuming you had an American mom.

Coop.PNG

• Like 1

In the past, the Christmas buffet at Starz Diner at the Hard Rock Hotel was one of the best options in Pattaya. It featured an enormous selection of food, ranging from traditional Christmas fare to sushi and plenty of fresh seafood, plus a huge tables of appetizers, Western and Asian main dishes and desserts.  I was afraid the TG I had with me one year was going to eat herself into a coma the way she was packing in the raw oysters, sushi and other seafood, then a heavy load of desserts on top of it.  

It was a great place for families for Christmas dinner as the  Hard Rock had a lot of activities/entertainment that appealed to kids.

20e.PNG20.jpg20a.jpg20b.jpg20d.jpg

On 12/10/2022 at 12:01 AM, Derek Dangleberries said:

From the above video: My favourite is Paddy's Irish Pub and Grill which includes the normal stuff plus garlic mash, cauliflower cheese, garlic mushrooms .....and 2 hour free flow wine !!!!!! 995 Baht.......!!! 

I could be wrong, but the way I read it, the dinner is 795 baht and the free flow of beer and wine is another 995 baht.  Still a good price.

21.jpg

• Thumbs Up 1

this year for us is the Holiday inn.  years ago it was crap but just before covid we went and was amazing.  a magnificent buffet of xmas fayre PLUS thai and other food to keep all happy.  indoors and with good AC, we are a party of 20 this year as more and more want to go.

• Thumbs Up 2

1 hour ago, tommy dee said:

this year for us is the Holiday inn.  years ago it was crap but just before covid we went and was amazing.  a magnificent buffet of xmas fayre PLUS thai and other food to keep all happy.  indoors and with good AC, we are a party of 20 this year as more and more want to go.

I think most times, a high buffet price scares people off, no matter what country you’re in. But you must always look at what you’re getting for your $, sometimes the priciest option is a relative bargain, and hey, we only live once, no sequel

One of the hotels in Fort McMurray used to do a $50 all-you-can-eat crab legs, around 2012-13. Never went, was too busy working, but a few of my customers said it was the best value they ever had. I believe it now, seeing what the boys from Deadliest Catch charge for their product…..

29 minutes ago, Golfingboy said:

I think most times, a high buffet price scares people off, no matter what country you’re in. But you must always look at what you’re getting for your $, sometimes the priciest option is a relative bargain, and hey, we only live once, no sequel

One of the hotels in Fort McMurray used to do a $50 all-you-can-eat crab legs, around 2012-13. Never went, was too busy working, but a few of my customers said it was the best value they ever had. I believe it now, seeing what the boys from Deadliest Catch charge for their product…..

yes.  some hotel buffets leave a lot to be desired to be honest, god forbid we eat the breakfasts, but this one is spot on.  from prime seafood to the turkey and trimmings, they really do well.  years ago they hadnt cottoned on and it was a weird mix, but thats in the pst.  the kids love it as santa comes, and there is plenty of roomto play,  and for us to get rid of them

• Great Info 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

11 minutes ago, tommy dee said:

yes.  some hotel buffets leave a lot to be desired to be honest, god forbid we eat the breakfasts, but this one is spot on.  from prime seafood to the turkey and trimmings, they really do well.  years ago they hadnt cottoned on and it was a weird mix, but thats in the pst.  the kids love it as santa comes, and there is plenty of roomto play,  and for us to get rid of them

Rides4Kickz did the Holiday Inn I believe a few months back, was like 1100 but the food…..You’d never eat like that in Canada for ~ $40, or sorry $30+tip nowadays. At a proper restaurant, you’d get a rack of ribs/salad/chips, or maybe a 12 OZ cut of steak…..

Yes I agree some hotel buffets…..ugh. Then again when it’s included in your room rate and not 1000 THB…..apples 2 oranges 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, forcebwithu said:

I avoid buffets, not because of the cost, but because I lack the self-control to not pig out and get as much food into me to justify the price paid. 

Spot on, and especially valid for breakfast buffets - I just can't eat that much food first thing in the morning, let alone anytime these days; and I never eat at the hotels I stay at anyway, I'd rather go out. 

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

17 hours ago, forcebwithu said:

I avoid buffets, not because of the cost, but because I lack the self-control to not pig out and get as much food into me to justify the price paid. 

you kjnow its funny, I am the opposite now.  whereas I used to eat like a horse, nowadays an "all u can eat" is wasted on me, one plate and I am at a limit.  must be age

• Like 5

Hooters.jpeg

Back in 2016, I had the worst Christmas dinner of my life at Hooters.  It cost 399 baht and was inedible.  Hopefully they will have improved considerably over that atrocity:

Hooters2.jpg

At least Hooters is still in operation.  I can remember all the predictions it wouldn't last more than a few months.

Evil

• Sad 1