Enlarged Prostate/BPH - What operation to have ?

Pumpuynarak

A bit late to the discussion, but I had a Urolift Procedure done last year and the results were great.  It's supposed to be the most minimally invasive and risk of prostate treatments (even though it involves putting staples in your prostate).

Surgery took less than an hour, and I was only on a catheter for a few hours after that.  I was having a bit if urgency/incontinence on the first day, and I was pissing razor blades for the first 2 days after surgery, but then felt completely normal after that.  I was able to stop taking my meds right away too.

I think I waited a month before trying sex, but it was fine as well.  It's now been 18 months and everything is great down there.

image.png

• Like 1
  • Great Info 3
  • Thumbs Up 1

On 5/27/2023 at 9:28 AM, Pumpuynarak said:

Time for an update guys. Well the issues i had immediatley after i had the Turp procedure ie incontinence, constipation and retrograde ejaculation have improved somewhat. I no longer have incontinence and the constipation is not as bad but its still prevalent on occasions. The RE is still evident all the time so it looks like i will have to live with it, wifey's not too disappointed for obvious reasons lol

One issue though is the occasional urgency that i have when needing to urinate/defacate, not all the time i would say but when its apparent i have to get to the toilet pretty quickly.

Another issue which is of more concern is the amount of urine i pass when urinating, its only a few decent 3/4 squirts at a time, i don't find the need to urinate anymore.

I'm currently urinating up to 3/4 times a day and 2 times at night so i imagine i'm not emptying my bladder. Now i don't have any issues with bladder pain so its quite clear that i have'nt got any infection because of urine retention, i hope that continues.

In conclusion i would say the procedure has not been a 100% success but i'm certainly in a better place than i was, here's hoping that i see more improvement as time goes on.     

• Like 1
  •  

Cliff, good to hear that there is progress, slow and steady is always good. I do have to ask what is "RE"  Real Erection? LOL! 

• Haha 1

On 5/29/2023 at 11:31 PM, Stillearly said:

Retrograde ejaculation .... no more Peter North style finishes...

Looks like it's just ok, does it need to be fixed

"In retrograde ejaculation, this muscle fails to contract. Because it stays relaxed, the ejaculate ends up in your bladder. The result is what's called a dry orgasm. Despite the lack of ejaculate, it feels like a normal orgasm and doesn't usually affect sexual pleasure"

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

10 hours ago, Zambo said:

Looks like it's just ok, does it need to be fixed

"In retrograde ejaculation, this muscle fails to contract. Because it stays relaxed, the ejaculate ends up in your bladder. The result is what's called a dry orgasm. Despite the lack of ejaculate, it feels like a normal orgasm and doesn't usually affect sexual pleasure"

and that is 100% correct, the only thing i miss is not having to clean up wifey's pretty looking face, joking of course 🤣🤣🤣

Edited by Pumpuynarak
  • Haha 4
  • Surprised 1