Hilton Hotel Edge Restaurant - A big disappointment

Happy Man

Yesterday was my birthday so we decided to eat at the Edge  restaurant buffet. Over the years, we have enjoyed their buffet as it was quality food and never found fault. The last time we ate there was about 3 years ago. This time it was a complete disappointment as quality and selection of food and deserts  had a poor selection . In the past it was generally crowded with customers but had no more than 25 customers this time. This is a RED flag to me. In addition, the lunch buffet was 1,540  Baht per person. Needless to say, they lost a loyal customer.

• Great Info 5
  • Thumbs Up 1

4 hours ago, CalEden said:

Had a lady that was bit of an exhibitionist. Had some great/long watersport sessions in the shower, in balcony tub too. The shower is in front corner room/Hotel. The shower is great for hangovers, shower jet hot water on back of neck and enjoy view for 20 minutes.

The Bedroom:

aPatHilbed.jpg

Did you bury her in that bed?

7 hours ago, CalEden said:

I'm sure if they treated this room like a crime scene, the bed would be luminescing blue with my love juices on the bed, couch, and ceiling.

My first three years of trips to Pattaya I always stayed in the Residence Gardens.

Those were the days of my trip reports and photo's of naked young ladies all often posed on the green sofa's they had in the rooms. One forum member, who also stayed regularly in the R G, went absolutely ape shit at me for apparently being responsible for skid marks on the rooms sofa's when there was a perfectly good bed for carnal gymnastics.

I bet he didn't always give a large tip to my regular room cleaner immediately after checking into the hotel. Two additional towels per day and the room de-skid marked throughout. 🤣

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 6

11 hours ago, Jambo said:

My first three years of trips to Pattaya I always stayed in the Residence Gardens.

Those were the days of my trip reports and photo's of naked young ladies all often posed on the green sofa's they had in the rooms. One forum member, who also stayed regularly in the R G, went absolutely ape shit at me for apparently being responsible for skid marks on the rooms sofa's when there was a perfectly good bed for carnal gymnastics.

I bet he didn't always give a large tip to my regular room cleaner immediately after checking into the hotel. Two additional towels per day and the room de-skid marked throughout. 🤣

I too would stay at RG in the early years. Good post 555!

• Like 1

On 1/30/2023 at 4:54 PM, Jambo said:

Nothing like a few skid marks ground into the fabric that makes a place feel like home.  

• Haha 2

On 1/29/2023 at 2:58 PM, Happy Man said:

Yesterday was my birthday so we decided to eat at the Edge  restaurant buffet. Over the years, we have enjoyed their buffet as it was quality food and never found fault. The last time we ate there was about 3 years ago. This time it was a complete disappointment as quality and selection of food and deserts  had a poor selection . In the past it was generally crowded with customers but had no more than 25 customers this time. This is a RED flag to me. In addition, the lunch buffet was 1,540  Baht per person. Needless to say, they lost a loyal customer.

The way I read what you experienced is a measure of the overall demographic changes occurring. Less visitors with incomes that can support the higher end places, most likely also less visitors overall. 

Lower quality fare offered, noticeable change in performance of staff, shorter hours. At some point the business will take on a name change or shut down all together.

23 hours ago, Glasseye said:

The way I read what you experienced is a measure of the overall demographic changes occurring. Less visitors with incomes that can support the higher end places, most likely also less visitors overall. 

Lower quality fare offered, noticeable change in performance of staff, shorter hours. At some point the business will take on a name change or shut down all together.

I have no doubt you are absolutely correct in the points you make.

For me one of the delights of living in the Pattaya area was the range of quality eating establishments from simple street food to really excellent restaurants. Unfortunately a favorite restaurant more than once became a source of disappointment for the simple reason the chef changed.

If it ain't broke, why fix it?