Digital Wallet

Glasseye

37 minutes ago, Glasseye said:

Interesting piece of news. I hope they can pull it off. Will be a big benefit for many Thai folks. 

https://www.bangkokpost.com/thailand/politics/2627787/pheu-thai-to-revive-digital-wallet?v=0130

its very interesting for sure.

another viewpoint appears to be that if they do that they might hope to placate the voters for the winning Forward party which is no longer in the main stream.  it would be hard to raise objections among the public if they all get this money.    someone described it as feeding old bread to ducks on a pond.  

either way the next few weeks and ndeed the next 8 months will be times to remember and for now, to watch carefully.

I am not promoting either or any of the "sides" here btw,  as I, like all of us, dont have a dog in this fight

• Thumbs Up 1

9 minutes ago, tommy dee said:

its very interesting for sure.

another viewpoint appears to be that if they do that they might hope to placate the voters for the winning Forward party which is no longer in the main stream.  it would be hard to raise objections among the public if they all get this money.    someone described it as feeding old bread to ducks on a pond.  

either way the next few weeks and ndeed the next 8 months will be times to remember and for now, to watch carefully.

I am not promoting either or any of the "sides" here btw,  as I, like all of us, dont have a dog in this fight

I think the upsides to this are numerous.

Odd concept. A few mom and pop shops and a coffee shop within 4 kms of my wife's family house in the boonies.

Once spent, what happens next. If it can buy rice for a year then great.

I remember all these people buying cars on a scheme years back but then being unable to maintain payments.

Not sure giving handouts to poor people is going to create an economic tsunami, more like a boom and bust scenario.

• Thanks 1
  • Great Info 1

9 minutes ago, Horizondave said:

Odd concept. A few mom and pop shops and a coffee shop within 4 kms of my wife's family house in the boonies.

Once spent, what happens next. If it can buy rice for a year then great.

I remember all these people buying cars on a scheme years back but then being unable to maintain payments.

Not sure giving handouts to poor people is going to create an economic tsunami, more like a boom and bust scenario.

It's like greasing a wheel. Once it gets the grease it can pick up momentum. It's like a lubricant easing things (credit) up. Can roll for a long time under the right conditions. But, is something like covid or a horrible disaster comes around it's a different ball game.