Did the alcohol prices go up recently?

CampariO

Went to Friendship and saw that Campari 0.75 l is now 1320 Bt. Used to be 1040. That's an increase of 27%.

Aperol went up from 895 to 1220, a 36 % increase. 

Didn't check the other stuff.

Do I have to quit drinking soon? 

IMG20230925132332.jpg

Edited by CampariO
  • Great Info 1
  • Surprised 1

Yes, I noticed a price increase on the Martell VSOP brandy I like - it used to be approx 2999 Baht - it went up by a few hundred Baht per bottle, I can't remember exactly how much the increase was, but it definitely happened about 3 or 4 weeks ago.

I was thinking is was a local price increase by the shop (Gourmet Market) but maybe it was a national thing.

• Sad 1

Food price inflation in the UK and Europe is still running at a high level, and increased prices there will inevitably end up being reflected in the prices we pay in Thailand. There'll usually be a time lag between prices going up in Europe and Thailand, as they sell old stock in the shops, so there's no rhyme or reason to it. And certainly don't expect the weaker Baht to result in cheaper prices for imported luxury food and drink, that will never happen, lol.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

On 9/25/2023 at 3:41 PM, fforest said:

I don't know about this alcohol you're talking about....But a few years ago when they jacked wine prices overnight...

20 -35% increases in price were common....And prices have stayed high.....

and thats when i stopped buying boxes/bottles of it despite being able to afford, just pure piss taking imo and they can shove it where the sun don't shine.

On 9/27/2023 at 3:34 AM, Pumpuynarak said:

Everythings going up in price imo but at least here in Thailand it does'nt appear to be increasing like it is in the UK, what my sons are telling me is frightening 😟

I'm back there at the moment and some of the prices have gone a bit silly. Kerrygold butter at £2.60 a pack, a loaf of sliced bread not far short of two quid, while bog standard fish and chips from the local chippie costs around £12. OTOH, supermarket own-label stuff is still reasonable, and you now get some hefty loyalty discounts of 25%-30% if you're a member. A big new Aldi has just opened in my home town and the prices there are pretty reasonable too. But stuff from small shops and specialty grub is almost as bad as Thai prices. Anyway, I've got an Asda chicken vindaloo for tea, and that's always good.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

26 minutes ago, Yessongs said:

I get a bottle of " White Zinfandel" from the liquor store here at Promenade Mall downstairs, no price increase at all. Still 1,400 baht per bottle.....I treat myself to one bottle per month :default_goodjob:

"Blush" White Zinfandel used to be my favourite Summer drink.

I used to buy it in the upstairs wine cellar at Villa Market, Suk 33/1, back in 96/97 ... Happy daze and Happy Days !!

• Thumbs Up 1