EVA Air & KLM fleet changes for the future...EVA777-300's out, A350-1000 in

Butch

https://www.flightglobal.com/airlines/eva-air-orders-a350-1000s-as-part-of-10bn-fleet-renewal/155707.article

bit of a surprise, I always thought EVA had a long term Boeing relationship with the odd MD111 thrown in here and there. If (when) it happens I'll miss those GE90 115B's spooling up.

Here's the airbus link to the A350:

https://aircraft.airbus.com/en/newsroom/stories/2022-10-the-best-gets-even-better-a350-introduces-new-performance-and-airspace

Also, while we're on about New fleets, KLM ordered a load of new airbus gear as well:

https://aviationweek.com/air-transport/airlines-lessors/air-france-klm-order-50-airbus-a350-family-aircraft

Edited by Butch
  • Thanks 1

• Butch changed the title to EVA Air & KLM fleet changes for the future...EVA777-300's out, A350-1000 in

Dubai Air Show last week and Emirates added 90 x B777s to add to their current order book of 115 as well as multiple A350s and B787s.

They also confirmed the A380s will fly "well into the next decade" with maintenance/overhaul orders stretching that far.

• Thanks 1
  • Great Info 2
  • Thumbs Up 1

23 minutes ago, Nickrock said:

Just flew back on a Thai a350 don't know how many they cram in to sardine class but it's a hell of a lot

We flew on a Singapore A350 and it was really spacious, pretty much the same as their A380 layout. I did like the A350, very quiet and it appeared more "airy" than the 777ER.

• Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, Butch said:

We flew on a Singapore A350 and it was really spacious, pretty much the same as their A380 layout. I did like the A350, very quiet and it appeared more "airy" than the 777ER.

I have flown both economy and premium economy on a Finnair A350 and, like you, the seats were spacious and comfortable. I love the A350.

I am not a lover of the 777 and can not remember a decent trip on many of the airlines that use it. 

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Horizondave said:

I am not a lover of the 777 and can not remember a decent trip on many of the airlines that use it. 

The one leg I flew on a B777 (Bangkok -> Dubai) was pretty decent, but the A380 legs (Amsterdam -> Dubai -> Bangkok and Dubai -> Amsterdam) were a lot better.

Edited by Freee!!
  • Thumbs Up 1

I have to admit, doing LHR-SIN-MNL on an A380 / A350 was a breeze. The journey back, A350 / B777-300 was a nightmare. It was one of their older fleet as well, pretty tired bit of kit

I've noticed some of the EVA 777's are getting a bit long in the tooth. Still much better than the utter shitheap of a 787 THAI that I went on in Sept 22. Hard seats, cramped and it felt like less recline, never again if I can help it.

I was somewhat reticent about going on an A380 however, as I almost croaked it on a Malaysian A380 back in 2013, it was about 3 days old and the crew had the A/C set cold (I was pretty sick anyway) 2 blankets and a hoodie and I was still shivering.

Edited by Butch
  • Thumbs Up 1

KLM need to upgrade their cabin crew, used then a lot in the past, and they have slowly got worse on the AMS to BKK route, awful food, lucky to squeeze more than one alcoholic drink out of them on a ten-hour flight, I dared to ask for a beer and small wine with dinner last flight, blunt "you can only have one"

• Thumbs Up 2

1 hour ago, Felix said:

KLM need to upgrade their cabin crew, used then a lot in the past, and they have slowly got worse on the AMS to BKK route, awful food, lucky to squeeze more than one alcoholic drink out of them on a ten-hour flight, I dared to ask for a beer and small wine with dinner last flight, blunt "you can only have one"

There is a reason (actually, there are multiple) why Dutch prefer to avoid KLM.

• Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Up 2