NFL - Da Bears - Justin Fields makes one of the most incredible runs that I have ever seen

ChiFlyer

First off I have to make a confession to the board. I have been an NFL Chicago Bears fan for the last 65 years. The last 20 of which have been absolute misery. The main problem has been terrible QB choices and just as bad draft picks at other positions. A couple of years back the Bears drafted Justin Fields at number 11. He had a rough start in the NFL. He has been routinely criticized by fans and the press for the team's lack of success, despite the fact that management gave Fields a terrible OL, poor receivers, and worse coaches.

The last few weeks Fields, with a better supporting cast, has started to show who he can be. Check out this vid. This may be one of the most electrifying runs that I have ever seen.

Da Bears hold Carolina's draft pick (locked in to be number 1). I assume they will trade that down and commit to Fields. If not, I am looking for a new team to be a fan of. 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, ChiFlyer said:

First off I have to make a confession to the board. I have been an NFL Chicago Bears fan for the last 65 years. The last 20 of which have been absolute misery. The main problem has been terrible QB choices and just as bad draft picks at other positions. A couple of years back the Bears drafted Justin Fields at number 11. He had a rough start in the NFL. He has been routinely criticized by fans and the press for the team's lack of success, despite the fact that management gave Fields a terrible OL, poor receivers, and worse coaches.

The last few weeks Fields, with a better supporting cast, has started to show who he can be. Check out this vid. This may be one of the most electrifying runs that I have ever seen.

Da Bears hold Carolina's draft pick (locked in to be number 1). I assume they will trade that down and commit to Fields. If not, I am looking for a new team to be a fan of. 

I was a huge Bears fan since about the age of 5. For me everything went downhill following the Championship in '85.

Following a season (2001) when they went 12-4, they opted to play in Memorial Stadium, Champaign Illinois going 4-12 and completely fcuking up my life. After that season I lost interest in the Bears, and the NFL altogehter.

1 minute ago, Glasseye said:

I was a huge Bears fan since about the age of 5. For me everything went downhill following the Championship in '85.

Following a season (2001) when they went 12-4, they opted to play in Memorial Stadium, Champaign Illinois going 4-12 and completely fcuking up my life. After that season I lost interest in the Bears, and the NFL altogehter.

Agreed to a large part, but it looks like things might be getting better. Only time will tell.

I remember the 1963 NFL Championship Game between Da Bears and the NY Giants.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1963_NFL_Championship_Game

It was a bitterly cold day in Chicago and the game was not televised. My uncles and myself listened to the game on the kitchen radio after a big Eastern European Dinner. When Richie Petitbon intercepted the game ending pass we all went nuts.

Posted (edited)
17 hours ago, fygjam said:

Sorry to have to tell you this but the Chicago Baa's are going down next week. Like lambs to the slaughter.

I take it you are a Cheese Head fan.

The Packers-Bears match-up is an interesting game for a lot of statistical reasons.

• I have read that the GB Defense is suspect. They are ranked #21. Fields will be playing for a $22 M contract.
  • The Pack on the other hand will be playing for a win and you're in Playoffs spot. It also sounds like there is a fair chance that it is a lose and you're out game, but I am not sure of that. Actually that seems to be dependent on the outcome of the Seattle, New Orleans, and Tampa Bay games. In any case GB, if they win, would likely draw Dallas. Bye-bye quickly I suspect. 
  • Looks like the opening line has the Packers up 3 due to home field advantage.
  • Personally, I would like to see Da Bears lose a thriller with Fields doing well. That would secure the #10 draft spot. If they win, they could fall back to 16.
  • I despise the Packers. I will never forget the cheap shot teams that were coached by Forrest Gregg.

https://www.tankathon.com/nfl

With regard to Forrest Gregg this is what I am talking about.

But Gregg wasn’t making much progress both in games won and discipline. His rivalry with Chicago Bears head coach Mike Ditka seemed to consume him and when Ditka ran nose tackle William “Refrigerator” Perry on the goal-line for a touchdown during an October 1985 game in Chicago, Gregg never forgot it.

It started a series of games in which Gregg’s team embarrassed itself with late hits and blatant cheap shots.

Just weeks after the Perry game, the Packers, frothing at the mouth from Gregg’s constant prodding, took cheap shots during a game against the Bears, the worst being safety Kenny Stills’ shot on fullback Matt Suhey as Suhey walked back to the huddle. Gregg wouldn’t condemn Stills’ hit and actually condoned it, setting up the ugliest of all incidents the following year.

Prior to the ’86 season, Gregg purged the team of veterans such as Dickey, end Mike Butler, tight end Paul Coffman, linebacker Mike Douglass, linebacker  George Cumby and tackle Greg Koch and let offensive coordinator Bob Schnelker go. The team went a club-record six straight games without a victory to start the season.

And during a Nov. 23 loss in Chicago, defensive lineman Charles Martin waved a towel with numbers of various Bears players written on it, suggesting he had a bounty on each of them. Martin later body-slammed quarterback Jim McMahon to the turf long after McMahon had gotten rid of the ball and was ejected from the game.

Taken from

https://www.packersnews.com/story/sports/nfl/packers/2019/04/12/hall-fame-packers-tackle-former-coach-forrest-gregg-dies-85/1689677002/

Edited by ChiFlyer