The cost of being an 80's thug today.

Butch

2 hours ago, Butch said:

Kappa Sport Ski Jackets were also pretty popular iirc. I stuck to my Flight Jacket though, the colours didn't suit my pasty complexion lol.

1a1385015c1385ffdadc0d8dd34a4cc4-1241870750.png

Here's a great link BTW:

https://creaseslikeknives.wordpress.com/2016/12/28/guest-post-bring-back-the-donkey-jacket/

One of my best pals around then had one of these back around 84 always wanted one , girls looked good in them too .

Ski Jackets. 

Always liked the dresser girls from around those days.

• Thumbs Up 1

2 hours ago, Butch said:

Kappa Sport Ski Jackets were also pretty popular iirc. I stuck to my Flight Jacket though, the colours didn't suit my pasty complexion lol.

Here's a great link BTW:

https://creaseslikeknives.wordpress.com/2016/12/28/guest-post-bring-back-the-donkey-jacket/

I had a Donkey Jacket for school in the first year of high school horrible itchy things 🤣

Forgot about them.

19 hours ago, Butch said:

Here's a great link BTW:

Sure a lot of you will remember these things 

Patrick Cagouls (they did adidas too) I think I had this originally in 83.

I bought this a couple of years ago on re-release off 80s Casual Classics.

The memory was fat better than the real thing (for me anyway 😂) think I've had it on twice.

I went to watch Richard Ashcroft outside last June it absolutely pissed down and I had this on I may as well have worn just a T shirt it was useless and not waterproof at all 😂🫣

20240125_153406.jpg

• Thumbs Up 3

37 minutes ago, galenkia said:

Remember having a few bits from this brand back in the rave days.

IMG_0055.jpeg

Was a couple of  brothers from Manchester who started that label of late 80s .

Was pretty big for a time had some decent bits .

Now all there is is JD buying everything up and cheapening it, factory made shite.

• Thumbs Up 1

11 minutes ago, roomark said:

Was a couple of  brothers from Manchester who started that label of late 80s .

Was pretty big for a time had some decent bits .

Now all there is is JD buying everything up and cheapening it, factory made shite.

Basically I pretty much buy alll my sports clothes from Castore online app. Only been around since 2016, and that was started by two young brothers along with Andy Murray who is a shareholder.

Started buying from them around 2017, and the only high profile client they had was Andy’s AMC clothing range. Now they supply England, South Africa, Kent and Surrey cricket teams, Newcastle, Aston Villa, Glasgow Rangers, Charlton and some other lower EFL teams, along with Harlequins rugby team.

Also official merchandise suppliers for Red Bull and McClaren F1 teams, and probably other clients I have forgotten.

Not cheap but it’s proper premium quality, and I know if I order medium I know it’s gonna fit perfectly.

• Great Info 2

20 minutes ago, galenkia said:

Basically I pretty much buy alll my sports clothes from Castore online app. Only been around since 2016, and that was started by two young brothers along with Andy Murray who is a shareholder.

Started buying from them around 2017, and the only high profile client they had was Andy’s AMC clothing range. Now they supply England, South Africa, Kent and Surrey cricket teams, Newcastle, Aston Villa, Glasgow Rangers, Charlton and some other lower EFL teams, along with Harlequins rugby team.

Also official merchandise suppliers for Red Bull and McClaren F1 teams, and probably other clients I have forgotten.

Not cheap but it’s proper premium quality, and I know if I order medium I know it’s gonna fit perfectly.

I'll have a look at that.

Cheers pal

• Thumbs Up 1

Following on a bit, my biggest fashion disaster was in the 90's when I went out one night with a suede waistcoat, black shirt and blue jeans and a pair of cuban heels.

I looked a right c**t. Even my mates laughed at me and I ended up getting a taxi home to get changed! 🤣

It was my fault, I wanted a change of "look" and decided upon the worst possible combo.

• Haha 4

On 1/24/2024 at 5:51 AM, Derek Dangleberries said:

The football casuals fashion era basically started with Liverpool supporters nicking stuff on their trips to Europe, closely followed by the Man Utd supporters ..

QPR supporters never qualified for Europe so just copied most of their players' hair styles and were a bunch of poofters more interested in visiting women's hair salons and the Women's section of C&A than Stone Island.

Points to note: Some of that post is made up ............. 

That's how it started in Scotland,aberdeen v Liverpool friendly 81,noticing a mob of trendy scousers who stood out from the scarfers,some lads got yakiin with the scousers after the game where they got the gear.

• Great Info 3

17 hours ago, Phantom51red said:

That's how it started in Scotland,aberdeen v Liverpool friendly 81,noticing a mob of trendy scousers who stood out from the scarfers,

That's a contradiction in terms.

Edited by Butch
  • Haha 3

On 1/26/2024 at 10:20 AM, Butch said:

Following on a bit, my biggest fashion disaster was in the 90's when I went out one night with a suede waistcoat, black shirt and blue jeans and a pair of cuban heels.

I looked a right c**t. Even my mates laughed at me and I ended up getting a taxi home to get changed! 🤣

It was my fault, I wanted a change of "look" and decided upon the worst possible combo.

Too many to choose from for.me..

Maybe a pair of Joe.Bloggs jeans around 88 big horrible over baggy things. The factory was on Bury New Rd near Strangeways in Manchester used to go there loads for different bits back then.

Edit: maybe check pants in the mid 90s with a pressed grandad shirt 

Edited by roomark
  • Haha 1