The cost of being an 80's thug today.

Butch

Pringle sweaters were one of my favourites. I used to wear one with Tacchini track bottoms, wish I’d still got my Adidas Trimm Trab trainers, loved those. Had loads of Fila and Kappa etc. moved on to Boss, Armani and Lacoste these days.

• Like 3

30 minutes ago, richy65 said:

Pringle sweaters were one of my favourites. I used to wear one with Tacchini track bottoms, wish I’d still got my Adidas Trimm Trab trainers, loved those. Had loads of Fila and Kappa etc. moved on to Boss, Armani and Lacoste these days.

Lyle and Scott jumpers were a favourite of mine as well.

• Thumbs Up 2

46 minutes ago, galenkia said:

Lyle and Scott jumpers were a favourite of mine as well.

Pringle diamond pattern was a regular sight for the casuals iirc, along with Lyle and Scott roll neck or a Lyle and scott jumper.

Farahs for school, or a pair of light blue or yellow farahs for going out.

Into Mintz and Davis Saturday morning with my mates spending all their YTS money of a single item.

Edited by Butch
  • Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

39 minutes ago, richy65 said:

Another favourite of mine was my Burberry jacket, was gutted when I got blood on it after an Albion v Villa match!

Harrington’s and green BM jackets in my skinhead days.

• Like 3

I really want to buy myself an Alpha Industries flight jacket, they're warm, comfy but arguably I'll look like a muppet wearing one to the pub.

It's going to be one of those frivolous purchases I'll never wear, like my suede waistcoat I got when I was 22, thought I looked the bees knees, when actually I looked like a 22 year old who'd raided his Dad's wardrobe lol.

Can't beat a pair of Brogues and a pair of stay pressed either.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, richy65 said:

You can get a re-released Pringle Argyle jumper from.Stuarts of London set you back around £220 nowadays though 😳

I've got a few Trimm Trabs though.

Screenshot_20240123_222440_Gallery.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, Butch said:

Pringle diamond pattern was a regular sight for the casuals iirc, along with Lyle and Scott roll neck or a Lyle and scott jumper.

Farahs for school, or a pair of light blue or yellow farahs for going out.

Into Mintz and Davis Saturday morning with my mates spending all their YTS money of a single item.

Farahs were bang on back in the day... Not so sure I'd wear them now.

I bought a Patrick Cagoul on re-release about a year back always had good memories of them.early 80s I think I've had it on twice the memory was better than reality they are shite and belong back in the 80s  555

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

11 hours ago, boydeste said:

f**k me, I feel like a 2nd class citizen.

My size 11 relax fit Sketchers are falling to bits.

Trying to last out until I return home in a few weeks time!

20240123_202508.jpg

Robinson's has a nice shoe selection mate. I think there is one near a BTS station. Might grab a new pair there before you head back. The girls will think you are some kind of cheap Charlie.  

55555555555 !

You helped me find those sandals that time. Still have them, but never wear them up here.

Defo. be wearing them in HH and Buriram.

Edited by Glasseye
  • Like 1

Only old piece of clothing I ever would like to still have was my old worn out Levi's jean jacket (with the big YES iron on emblem on the back of it).

Also had a big patch on it from a burn hole. One night when out camping I fell asleep next to a camp fire. Rolled over into the embers, burned a hole through it. Friggen thing probably saved me from 3rd degree burns.

I have a very nice old leather coat, a couple very nice sport coats, one decent suit, several nice shirts that will probably last the rest of my life.

In the early '70s it was..

- Ox Blood Doc Martens

- Faded parallel jeans with sewn in turnups (flares were already old fashioned !!!). Definitely no holes and none of that stone wash bullshit! 

- Faux US Marine T-Shits

- Wrangler jean jacket with Leeds badges sewn on. (My cream Harrington was kept for nights out in Manchester. Mainly in C'est La Vie one and two. Worn with casual Marine Green trousers)

- Two Leeds scarves one tied neatly worn inside buttoned up Wrangler jacket. One worn tied to the wrist!

The original scarf circa 1976

WIN_20240124_08_37_27_Pro.jpg

Edited by Derek Dangleberries
  • Like 6
  • Thumbs Up 1

Gosh, wasn't aware we had so many current or ex-fashionistas on the board - being a colonial bumpkin from the boonies, I never gave much thought to fashion, I just wore clothes that suited my lifestyle - jeans, t-shirts, etc - I did have a nice old fringed buckskin leather jacket that my elder brother had bought from a starving hippy in Morocco for a few of my teenage ears until I outgrew it.

Although I can recall back in 1967 when I was 11 years old and the "Mod" craze hit England - one of my friends had a whole set of these clothes bought for him by his parents and when I beseeched my own parents for an equivalent outfit, their howls of derision and scorn sent me scurrying away swiftly - can't say I blame them now, the stuff did look ridiculous and of course we couldn't afford stuff like that anyway. 

5 hours ago, roomark said:

You can get a re-released Pringle Argyle jumper from.Stuarts of London set you back around £220 nowadays though 😳

I've got a few Trimm Trabs though.

Screenshot_20240123_222440_Gallery.jpg

Trim Trabs were essential back in the day.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Derek Dangleberries said:

In the early '70s it was..

- Ox Blood Doc Martens

- Faded parallel jeans with sewn in turnups (flares were already old fashioned !!!). Definitely no holes and none of that stone wash bullshit! 

- Faux US Marine T-Shits

- Wrangler jean jacket with Leeds badges sewn on. (My cream Harrington was kept for nights out in Manchester. Mainly in C'est La Vie one and two. Worn with casual Marine Green trousers)

- Two Leeds scarves one tied neatly worn inside buttoned up Wrangler jacket. One worn tied to the wrist!

The original scarf circa 1976

WIN_20240124_08_37_27_Pro.jpg

Brilliant

"Marching on Together"

Edited by roomark
  • Thumbs Up 1

Last one @richy65 Bought the Sergio T Dallas bottoms a couple of years back , wear them for the gym mostly now.

They are actually blue but look black on that pic. Nike Omega Flame too from 83.

Ffs I better get up for work 😂

Screenshot_20240124_065335_X.jpg

Edited by roomark
  • Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

2 hours ago, galenkia said:

Trim Trabs were essential back in the day.

I don't really wear them now TBH uncomfortable compared to a lot of the flatter suedes or runners.

Looked great with semi flared cords or jeans back then though.

• Thumbs Up 1

7 hours ago, Derek Dangleberries said:

The football casuals fashion era basically started with Liverpool supporters nicking stuff on their trips to Europe, closely followed by the Man Utd supporters ..

QPR supporters never qualified for Europe so just copied most of their players' hair styles and were a bunch of poofters more interested in visiting women's hair salons and the Women's section of C&A than Stone Island.

Points to note: Some of that post is made up ............. 

Do you guys wear flip flops to the footie games ?

55555555 !

10 hours ago, roomark said:

Last one @richy65 Bought the Sergio T Dallas bottoms a couple of years back , wear them for the gym mostly now.

They are actually blue but look black on that pic. Nike Omega Flame too from 83.

Ffs I better get up for work 😂

Screenshot_20240124_065335_X.jpg

Similar to the ones I had but mine were royal blue, had the tracksuit top too with a red collar.

• Thumbs Up 1

35 minutes ago, richy65 said:

Similar to the ones I had but mine were royal blue, had the tracksuit top too with a red collar.

You can still get them mine are blue but more navy.

I've got a couple of the Sergio trakky tops , but to be honest prefer the og Fila 

• Thumbs Up 1