Bangkok Bank app just discovered this feature

I needed to go to an ATM to get some cash with my phone using the app when it got to where you need to press on the bank on the far right there was a little arrow I pressed that and it asked me if I wanted to use my k bank account or my Bangkok bank account. I'm not sure if this is new or not but now with the Bangkok Bank app you can get money from your k bank account. Makes life that much more convenient for me anyway both Banks one withdrawal app.

• Great Info 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

Bangok Bank cardless withdrawals also offer Aeon Bank and one other as options, but I read it you would have to use the K Bank app at a Bangkok Bank ATM to withdraw from your K account?

I first noticed it a couple of weeks ago but don't have a Kasikorn account but wondered whether it worked the other way.

Found myself a Kasikorn ATM and yes, the Bangkok Bank option is there so I carried on with my Bangkok Bank app.  Got the QR code up on screen but got an "Invalid Code" message on my phone when I scanned it.  So close but no cigar yet, for me anyway.

5 hours ago, Yesitisdakid said:

I needed to go to an ATM to get some cash with my phone using the app when it got to where you need to press on the bank on the far right there was a little arrow I pressed that and it asked me if I wanted to use my k bank account or my Bangkok bank account. I'm not sure if this is new or not but now with the Bangkok Bank app you can get money from your k bank account. Makes life that much more convenient for me anyway both Banks one withdrawal app.

Thanks for that. An interesting option, for sure. 

So.... even if you just have your BB card you can access your K bank account on a BB ATM ?

I wonder if the reverse is the case on a K Bank ATM.... I would venture to guess it maybe is (mutual agreement).

This could come in handy.

------

BB needs to update their ATM machines. They are very old and often out of service.

53 minutes ago, KWA said:

Bangok Bank cardless withdrawals also offer Aeon Bank and one other as options, but I read it you would have to use the K Bank app at a Bangkok Bank ATM to withdraw from your K account?

I first noticed it a couple of weeks ago but don't have a Kasikorn account but wondered whether it worked the other way.

Found myself a Kasikorn ATM and yes, the Bangkok Bank option is there so I carried on with my Bangkok Bank app.  Got the QR code up on screen but got an "Invalid Code" message on my phone when I scanned it.  So close but no cigar yet, for me anyway.

Ahh. More good info. I'm a moron when it comes to QR stuff. But as with the other tech shit I am slowly catching on.

1 hour ago, KWA said:

I was using my Bangkok Bank app and I withdrew from My K Bank account all good for me

• Thumbs Up 2

21 minutes ago, Yesitisdakid said:

I was using my Bangkok Bank app and I withdrew from My K Bank account all good for me

Oh, on the phone app.  Transfers on the apps are easy as pie. Sometimes though the option on an ATM could come in handy. 

Prompt pay is also very handy, phone top ups, utility bills, etc.

Nothing app-related, but I forgot my wallet a few days ago when I went shopping up on Soi Khao Talo. I went to the nearest Lotus Express and used my SCB card in a K-bank ATM there to withdraw 20K Baht. No problem, and it was a free service. When did that change? In the past I was always charged 20 Baht for using my SCB card in another bank's ATM, so I've studiously avoided doing so for many years.

16 minutes ago, Toy Boy said:

Nothing app-related, but I forgot my wallet a few days ago when I went shopping up on Soi Khao Talo. I went to the nearest Lotus Express and used my SCB card in a K-bank ATM there to withdraw 20K Baht. No problem, and it was a free service. When did that change? In the past I was always charged 20 Baht for using my SCB card in another bank's ATM, so I've studiously avoided doing so for many years.

Some banks policies change. I have two banks that reimburse all ATM fees 100 %. Nice little benefit to have if living or travelling a lot abroad.

With SCB they probably discontinued the fee when they switched over to full  digital.

I never have to worry about what ATM I am using for transfer withdraws.

• Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, Yesitisdakid said:

Was this at a Bangkok Bank ATM or a K Bank ATM?

I don't understand how the Bangkok app or ATM would know your K Bank account number and balance (and vice versa).

15 minutes ago, KWA said:

I don't understand how the Bangkok app or ATM would know your K Bank account number and balance (and vice versa).

It was a k bank ATM the one in front of our building I have no idea how it works it just did very strange

14 minutes ago, KWA said:

I am not sure. But on the phone app. I just go to transfer. It gives you a menu on banks you can transfer from. You click on the bank of choice, then enter the account number you are transferring to, then enter the amount. Press submit and bingo, the money is there.

3 minutes ago, Yesitisdakid said:

It was a k bank ATM the one in front of our building I have no idea how it works it just did very strange

That's where I tried too, but I was trying to draw from my Bangkok Bank account.