Retirement visa extension renewal today the experience.

Seems to be required, whichever renewal method is used (I'm sure the same for all other agents), that a visit to immigration for that pic is necessary. But as you say, it's quick. I always walk in the exit, usually a security guy there and when he sees your yellow tab he takes you to desk 8. In and out, no waiting.

I concur about Maneerat, they're excellent and do remember people.

• Like 3
  • Thumbs Up 3

Cheers mate.

The last time I did it was a breeze. Drove down there in A/C with a couple of blokes shooting the sh*t.

Stopped for a coffee, the lass went it, 5 minutes later we walked in pleastanly, everybody smiling... out the door into the van less than 5 minutes later.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 3

37 minutes ago, Yesitisdakid said:

It's that time of year again left this morning got to Bangkok Bank at 8:30 just as they were opening by 8:40 I had my passbook updated letter showing my balance and now they need a 3-month letter showing activity in the past 3 months. In any event 10 minutes in 10 minutes out.

Walked to I walked in to a chorus of Hello Larry. They're a good group there they never forget me I'm sure it has nothing to do with the croissants I drop them by on occasion 😁. The place was mobbed as I expected it to be as they were just coming back from a week-long holiday. When Fon saw me she motioned me to the back and handled me right away no waiting which I didn't request or expect. I'm happy to wait my turn but she dealt with me right away. And then informed me I'd have to go down to immigration to get a photo taken she assured me there'd be no waiting and there wasn't the minute I got the immigration the photographer grabbed me took me in to the back office had me stand in front of desk 8 took my photo and I was gone less than 5 minutes. It's a pain in the ass going down there but if you got to do it you got to do it.

She also told me not to expect it back before Thursday due to the amount of business they're handling at the moment. I really like it down there I've never had a single issue that they haven't been able to deal with they're always fast reliable and while I do think there are companies now that may do it a bit cheaper I just feel safe with them so until next year I'm okay. 

There are the guys that say why would you pay somebody to do it if you have the money in the bank you can do it yourself well I did do it myself a couple of times but the amount of time I had to wait down there it just wasn't worth it to me I'm one of those got more time than money guys but time is money so for the 8,000 Baht they charge ( using your own or 12500 if using their money) is in my opinion well worth it. Especially today it was an absolute madhouse down there

Let me add that I got my exercise for the day I did all of this on foot including walking from the agent all the way down to the immigration but I did take a bolt back because I was beat long walk

I agree 100% about Maneerat.....Not only are they super nice but they get the job done...They know their stuff...No BS ever.....I have been using them for about 10 years now.....I will be sticking with them for a looooog time to come...

They do a smashing business there.... One time I saw a box they had all the passports in.....There had to of been close to 200 passports in the box....And that was just on that one day....Plus they operate with minimal overhead costs unlike a bar or restaurant....

They deserve to do good they do a great job and take care of the customers...

Edited by fforest
  • Like 2
  • Great Info 3
  • Thumbs Up 2

8 hours ago, fforest said:

I agree 100% about Maneerat.....Not only are they super nice but they get the job done...They know their stuff...No BS ever.....I have been using them for about 10 years now.....I will be sticking with them for a looooog time to come...

They do a smashing business there.... One time I saw a box they had all the passports in.....There had to of been close to 200 passports in the box....And that was just on that one day....Plus they operate with minimal overhead costs unlike a bar or restaurant....

They deserve to do good they do a great job and take care of the customers...

I completely agree as well. I have only been using Maneerat for two years after receiving a recommendation from the late Striderman. Maneerat has their act together and are pleasant to deal with. I was even given a 1,000 discount on the initial Non-Im O application for having my paperwork all filled out and well organized. I had been on a Non-Im OA (long story), so I did a border run to kill the OA and then reapply for an O.

The Mrs. went with me the last time that I went to renew my Extension of Stay and after viewing the available entertainment options on soi Post Office (13/2), gave me a suspicious look. 🙂 

Edited by ChiFlyer
  • Haha 5

I also used the services of Maneerat to extend my visa exempt for 30 days on the recommendation of boydeste - I'd done it myself twice before Covid and the Russian Invasion with no real problems but this year I'd backed myself into a bit of a corner with timing - I would have had to extend on the 15th or 16th to fit in with my (also extended) departure date and of course Immigration was closed on the 12, 15, and 16 for Songkran. Boydeste told me that Maneerat could extend my visa at any time to start at the end of my visa exempt period and this is just what they did - all it took was a drive over to Jomtien Immigration for the photo, which I think they do just to prove that you were actually there in the office, and I found my own way home by choice - two days later and I am good to go. A little expensive at 4500b vs. the 1900 it would have cost me to do myself, but I simply don't have the patience to deal with the crowds in Immigration by myself any more and I consider the money well spent and will do it again next time. 

• Like 2
  • Thumbs Up 3