I'm still smoking.....

Pumpuynarak

15 minutes ago, fygjam said:

If you want to stop, you can.

and that is the fundamental problem mate, i know that i need to quit and want to but just maybe because i enjoy it sooooooooo much the "want to stop" is not as strong as it needs to be. Now quite recently i had a 4 day stay in hospital and obviously i did'nt smoke and did'nt miss it one little bit but what happened when discharged ?

I hope that makes sense. 

• Like 2

Just had a chat with wifey and she's in total support of my attempts, she's offered some incentives lol.

I think what i'm gonna do is go on the patches. If i can quit it would be the most brilliant achievement of my life and i've realised some fantastic achievements so far but quitting would top them all.  

I'm off to see me mate this morning for a chat and to make arrangements for how we're going to achieve.

• Like 3

Giving up smoking is hard work, God knows, I have battled with it for years. Its hard to explain to a non smoker. Nicotine is very addictive, plus the routine of lighting up as a daily habit. During my cancer treatment, I stopped smoking and used patches. It worked for 3 months, but one day, I did the stupid thing of accepting a ciggy from a friend and I lapsed back into the habit. Like any substance, whether it be alcohol, tobacco, drugs etc, withdrawal can be very difficult. Smokers know its bad for them and there are no upsides but we keep on doing it. Can't explain why, maybe it's some kind of death wish. What I do know, is that once you stop, never ever be tempted to even a social cigarette or roll up, no matter how tempting. Easy to say, and I fell for it. Good luck to anyone who quits, because there is no upside to smoking. 

• Like 4

12 hours ago, Nightcrawler said:

Giving up smoking is hard work, God knows, I have battled with it for years. Its hard to explain to a non smoker. Nicotine is very addictive, plus the routine of lighting up as a daily habit. During my cancer treatment, I stopped smoking and used patches. It worked for 3 months, but one day, I did the stupid thing of accepting a ciggy from a friend and I lapsed back into the habit. Like any substance, whether it be alcohol, tobacco, drugs etc, withdrawal can be very difficult. Smokers know its bad for them and there are no upsides but we keep on doing it. Can't explain why, maybe it's some kind of death wish. What I do know, is that once you stop, never ever be tempted to even a social cigarette or roll up, no matter how tempting. Easy to say, and I fell for it. Good luck to anyone who quits, because there is no upside to smoking. 

BINGO, great post 👍

13 hours ago, Nightcrawler said:

That's the problem with the "crutches", they don't address the addiction, just change the method of supplying it. Makes it easy to relapse.

Edited by fygjam
  • Thumbs Up 2

3 hours ago, fygjam said:

That's the problem with the "crutches", they don't address the addiction, just change the method of supplying it. Makes it easy to relapse.

Exactly. I stopped cold turkey and it was easy. Just don't take another ciggy anymore. 😄

Stop being a pussy, get the addictive drug (nicotine) out of your body as fast as possible, it will be much easier to quit.

Don't wait for a special day, like new year resolution. Bullshit. Either you want to quit then quit right now and don't wait. If you wait you really don't want it and sooner or later you will look for any excuse just to light one up. Don't be a pussy.

Throw away all lighters, ashtrays. Change your habbits that reminds you of smoking, like a cup of coffee on the balcony after dinner. You can do that again after a couple of weeks when you forgot about the fact that you have poisened your body just because the Marlboro man looked so cool on his horse while you felt like a pussy.

Go to the gym, eat healthier food, change your life style. Look better, be more attractive and enjoy the smell and taste of food which will become better and better each day you enjoy life without the devil in your hand. Get that pussy and stop being one.

Give your self a reward, if you need a bit of support. The money saved you could buy something nice for yourself after a year or 2. Best thing in my life was to quit smoking and now I am using the money to have every other day a nice massage. 

And stop being a pussy.

Edited by CampariO
  • Like 4
  • Thumbs Up 3