Anyone ever go to the Full Moon Party?

lazarus

17 minutes ago, roomark said:

I don't know about Ibiza now it looks like a clinical, robotic version of it old self (then again it's a completely different generation ours really knew how to party, not like the Instagram generation)

Ibiza was 100% better back then , though I'd take Thailand for the women 😂

My two sons would have been going probaly at the same sort of age as you mate, they're 40 and 38 yo currently. 

• Thumbs Up 1

5 hours ago, Pumpuynarak said:

My two sons would have been going probaly at the same sort of age as you mate, they're 40 and 38 yo currently. 

I'm 51 now 

Last time.I was there I was 29/30 first time I was 17 and my parents had to sign my passport to allow me to go 🤣

If only nowadays lol

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 3

I went to Koh Samui in 1987 & it was mostly backpackers.I was on leave from Oman with a bird from Cowboy so I certainly didn't fit in,nor did I want to.Four days there & then headed off to Phuket.Don't think they'd invented full moon parties then & if they had I'd never heard of them.

My first time in Samui would have been 1993 or maybe 94. Wasn't interested in Thai girls back then so much, it was more the eurosnatch I was after.😏

Took the night train from Bangkok to Surat Thani and it was party time all the way🎈🎉 On the ferry over to Samui there were Thais trying to sell rooms for rent or beach bungalows. I chose the 1 offering free weed👀

First thing I did when I got to this "resort" was to dump my stuff and run into the sea. Didn't hang around long enough to hear the warnings about the coral reef....... so I cut my foot to ribbons.👋👋

Spent the next 5 days with my foot bandaged up sat on my balcony. Every hour or so an old man would yell our "you want one bong?". Couldn't really do anything else......

The only tarmac on the island back then was the airport runway. Not sure if the full moon parties were even going at that time. It was a chilled out place for sure. If I remember correctly I spent a few nights with a girl from Belgium called Sara, oh and more than a few with a bar girl from Chaewang 😃.

• Thumbs Up 1