Anyone ever go to the Full Moon Party?

lazarus

Yep, wifey and I went in 2013. Quite the party to say the least. We bought one of those "buckets" they sell on the beach, one too many Sangsom and Cokes put me over. 

I will see if I can find any pics on my other laptop later. 

• Thumbs Up 1

9 minutes ago, Yessongs said:

Yep, wifey and I went in 2013. Quite the party to say the least. We bought one of those "buckets" they sell on the beach, one too many Sangsom and Cokes put me over. 

I will see if I can find any pics on my other laptop later. 

Didn’t you feel a bit old? lol 🤡

• Haha 1

10 months total spent in LOS, I never ventured south of Bangkok. But even when I do end up visiting the South, this type of thing is not for me. Let the real youngsters have all the fun, including undercover BiB selling them dope and then getting arrested 

1 hour ago, Golfingboy said:

10 months total spent in LOS, I never ventured south of Bangkok. But even when I do end up visiting the South, this type of thing is not for me. Let the real youngsters have all the fun, including undercover BiB selling them dope and then getting arrested 

Pattaya ? 

• Haha 3

Yes

in my early 30s I spent 6 months in Samui and went over to Panghan a couple of times for it.

I used to stay in Haad Riin though and never got the speedboat back early morning back to Samui.

I was bang into Ibiza though and the Acid house/ U.K raves in the 80s and 90s .

To be honest it wasn't that great, but I'm glad I did it.

Samui was much better at the time in Chewang's  Soi Green Mango in Sweet Soul and Mango itself.

Been a few years since I went though and I hear Soi Green Mango is no more , which is a shame.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Sherlock said:

Everything ive seen of them seems to suggest to me its just full of backpacker twats and other assorted wankers!!!

But I was one of those 25 years ago and I had an amazing time! Now I’m older I like different things......

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

1 minute ago, Sangsom said:

But I was one of those 25 years ago and I had an amazing time! Now I’m older I like different things......

Exactly ..

Though I was never a backpacker we've all been young .

Nothing wrong with enjoying life as you like if affects no one else.

5 hours ago, Yessongs said:

Yep, wifey and I went in 2013. Quite the party to say the least. 

4 hours ago, Sherlock said:

Everything ive seen of them seems to suggest to me its just full of backpacker twats and other assorted wankers!!!

🙂

No, for obvious reasons these days.

Done loads of techno festivals and full on mental 'make a donation' parties in the Netherlands, Spiral Tribe and the like.

Took me about 2 years to put my head back together when i finally came back to the UK :marvin:

19 hours ago, roomark said:

Yes

in my early 30s I spent 6 months in Samui and went over to Panghan a couple of times for it.

I used to stay in Haad Riin though and never got the speedboat back early morning back to Samui.

I was bang into Ibiza though and the Acid house/ U.K raves in the 80s and 90s .

To be honest it wasn't that great, but I'm glad I did it.

Samui was much better at the time in Chewang's  Soi Green Mango in Sweet Soul and Mango itself.

Been a few years since I went though and I hear Soi Green Mango is no more , which is a shame.

Seriously Green Mango is no longer huh? Great place. 

IMG_0453.JPG

IMG_0464.JPG

IMG_0465.JPG

IMG_0470-2.jpg

IMG_0472.JPG

• Like 2
  • Thumbs Up 2

No, I've never been.  Zero interest and I would fit in about as well as a porcupine in a field of balloons.

A few years ago the 22-year-old daughter of an old friend and her boyfriend visited me in Pattaya.  They were going to Ko PhaNgan for a full-moon party.  I gave them the standard speech about avoiding drugs in Thailand, with emphasis on the many ripoffs and police stings in connection with full-moon parties.  Of course, they had heard through the backpacker network that 'nobody cared" if tourists smoked a little grass at the party. Off they went with high expectations of an equally high time.

They really enjoyed Ko PhaNgan as a tropical island, but were hugely disappointed with the full-moon party itself. It was mostly drunk Russians puking in the sand, plus a lot of Middle Eastern and Indian guys trying to pick up plain vanilla farang girls, they said. The music was lousy, police were everywhere and the dealers were the scummiest they'd ever seen.  No "positive vibes" at all.  They stayed about a hour on the beach, then went back to their hotel.

Evil

Edited by Evil Penevil
  • Great Info 1

5 hours ago, Yessongs said:

Seriously Green Mango is no longer huh? Great place. 

IMG_0453.JPG

IMG_0464.JPG

IMG_0465.JPG

IMG_0470-2.jpg

IMG_0472.JPG

I haven't been myself since 05 , but a friend of mine was over there last April (and got stuck over there because of lockdown)

He told me they have built a Central there where Green Mango was ...

Maybe someone could confirm it , who has been since it happened I found it hard to believe they would knock it all down and a damn shame.

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, roomark said:

I haven't been myself since 05 , but a friend of mine was over there last April (and got stuck over there because of lockdown)

He told me they have built a Central there where Green Mango was ...

Maybe someone could confirm it , who has been since it happened I found it hard to believe they would knock it all down and a damn shame.

They have a FB page , must have been closed because of the situation... reopening on 1st April 

7BA976A1-4644-43BB-8889-764DF660D29D.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Pumpuynarak said:

My two sons have done them both Ibiza and Full Moon, they both say Ibiza is by far the best.

Each to their own. 

I don't know about Ibiza now it looks like a clinical, robotic version of it old self (then again it's a completely different generation ours really knew how to party, not like the Instagram generation)

Ibiza was 100% better back then , though I'd take Thailand for the women 😂