Is complacency setting in with regard to the Covid 19 virus?

john luke

Is complacency setting in with regard to the Covid 19 virus?  

14 members have voted

1. 1. Is complancency setting in respect of the Covid 19 virus?

• People are far too complacent now, almost as if the virus never existed
    • The balance between preventing the spread of the virus and getting life back to normal is about right
    • Paranoia and over reaction are the dominant factors now
  2. 2. Is the Scottish Governments stance on proof of vaccine to gain entry to certain venues wise?

I looked on my NHS app for updated vaccination info, following my booster jab a week ago. Showing nothing but my first 2 jabs. I contacted the centre that gave me my booster. They said it was in the system and to look again in a week. I think their maybe either glitches in the system or that the vaccination centres are slow in submitting information to the National NHS database. 

44 minutes ago, KWA said:

Maybe the demographics are different, maybe the measurement criteria are different - need to know before agreeing with the article.

Yes, I think you are correct. The latest UK government figures say:

The number of people of all ages who have received a COVID-19 vaccination, expressed as a percentage of the population aged 16 and over, 

Second dose ....... 82.5%

The "aged 16 and over" criterion likely accounts for the difference between that figure and the 65% quoted in the article. Perhaps the other countries have been vaccinating the younger age groups longer.

But I am a bit concerned that the uptake in the youth in the UK might be being considerably influenced by the anti vaxxers. 

18 hours ago, Nightcrawler said:

Me too

If my hardly representative sample on my bus rides yesterday is anything to go by about a third of the passengers have ceased wearing masks and all of those looked under aged 30.

There was one, extremely obese, girl in front of me who seemed quite proud of the fact that she did not turn up for her vaccination appointment the day before. Apparently a friend had told her that she had a headache after her vaccination.

I am all for having to prove both vaccinations to fly or attend events with large numbers of customers. I noticed the live music venue I will be visiting in a week or so now has signs up making that an entry requirement.

From my neck of the woods -

NSW Premier Dominic Perrottet announced on Thursday the state would accelerate its path out of lockdown for vaccinated people after hitting a 70 per cent immunisation rate for people 16 and over…

Despite the new premier’s assurance the changes are “very sensible”, UNSW professor and epidemiologist MaryLouise McLaws insists not enough residents under the age of 40 are fully vaccinated.

“One of the issues that no government, no state government, let alone New South Wales — which is a real hot spot, or has been — has really understood, and that is the under 40 years of age represent the majority of cases, and therefore the majority of transmission,” she told ABC following the announcement.

https://au.yahoo.com/news/they-will-spread-major-flaw-nsws-new-reopening-plan-023906540.html

and -

Heart Damage Plagues Covid Survivors a Year After Infection, Study Shows

Heart damage from Covid-19 extends well beyond the disease’s initial stages, according to a study that found even people who were never sick enough to need hospitalization are in danger of developing heart failure and deadly blood clots a year later.

Heart disease and stroke are already the leading causes of death worldwide. The increased likelihood of lethal heart complications in Covid survivors -- who number in the hundreds of millions globally -- will add to its devastation, according to the study, which is under consideration for publication by a Nature journal.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2021-10-07/heart-damage-racks-covid-survivors-a-year-after-infection-study?srnd=premium-asia