Fantasy Footy 22/23 Season

Binlid

The big question is how long to persevere with Darwin. Had him in my starting XI for a few games now. Always threatening but not quite getting it going as yet. Wrong choices too many times.

Last night I breathed a sigh of relief as my football app showed me he'd scored. Then changed as it was disallowed, then he got booked . . 😩

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Britboy said:

The big question is how long to persevere with Darwin. Had him in my starting XI for a few games now. Always threatening but not quite getting it going as yet. Wrong choices too many times.

Last night I breathed a sigh of relief as my football app showed me he'd scored. Then changed as it was disallowed, then he got booked . . 😩

I took a -4 hit to swap Darwin for Mitrovic. My feelings were equal but opposite to yours !!

• Haha 1

On 1/3/2023 at 8:00 AM, Britboy said:

I swapped in Mitrovic, no brainer with 2 Fulham games and had the choice of swapping either Darwin or Kane. Tottenham are crap at the mo, so sold Kane. Watch him get a hat trick at Palace now . . 😂

I was nearly right . . . 😩

Fine margins and lucky/unlucky choices in Fantasy Football. 

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

Billy Nich was a great manager.

I was a big Spurs fan when 8 or 9 years old, until I got old enough to go to Portman Road. The rest is history, as "they" say.

I loved the "G" men, Greaves and Gilzean. Can still remember that team - Mike England, Phil Beal, Dave Mackay, Cyril Knowles, Pat Jennings, Ralph Coates, Jimmy Robertson (.who joined Ipswich), Joe Kinnear plus John White who sadly got killed by a lightning bolt.

Couple of quick stories about Spurs and Greavsie:-

When 8 or 9 I got given a small autograph book. Only about 4 inches by 3, but had a bunch of pages in it. I posted it to White Hart Lane asking for autographs. Remember my dad saying don't get your hopes up, you'll probably never see that again. But in about a month it came back full of the players autographs, including Greaves and Gilzean. Made my year and I still have it.

At around about 12 I started to go to Portman Road to see games and became a lifelong Ipswich fan. Still adored Greavsie though, he was still my hero. We were in the first division with all the big guns and doing well. We played Spurs before all the health and safety crap and the crowd was so large they let kids sit around the outside of the pitch. I got stuck right next to a corner flag and we were told to sit still and be quiet, especially if any players came close. Spurs got a corner, Greavesie used to taken them, whip them in with his left foot. It was my corner and he placed the ball, took a few steps back and stood on my f'ing hand . . 😩 It bloody hurt I can tell you and I shouted. He said "Sorry sonny" and took the corner. I thought at least 2 fingers were broken, it hurt like hell. One of the stewards was aware of what happened and next thing I knew the ITFC medic walked round the pitch to my corner and checked me out. He strapped it up for me and said if it still hurt tomorrow to go to A & E.

This was in the first half, but when the final whistle went Greaves came over and gave me his shirt and apologised properly. Still got that too. Really good of him to do that, especially as he was my absolute hero. I did go to A & E the next day as it was still hurting, x-ray, but nothing broken thankfully.

• Like 3
  • Great Info 1
  • Thumbs Up 1