When the board upgraded its software ( formerly board offline monday)

tommy dee

2 minutes ago, john luke said:

The measure was introduced following a member who became disenchanted with the forum was able to delete all his recent posts.  This left a significant number of blank posts or posts containing nothing but a full stop.

If anyone needs a post editing or the title changing, any member of the moderation team or admin can edit the said post.

Sour grapes? 

You might consider taking a poll of active members on this subject. See what the forum members think about it.

• Thumbs Up 1

• tommy dee changed the title to When the board upgraded its software ( formerly board offline monday)
4 minutes ago, lazarus said:

Sour grapes? 

You might consider taking a poll of active members on this subject. See what the forum members think about it.

when an ex member deleted all his posts it caused a total mess on the forum.  with the changes, mplimented at least 6 months ago, that cant happen.  if someone comes posts and then leaves, he now has footprint forever 🙂  

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, tommy dee said:

when an ex member deleted all his posts it caused a total mess on the forum.  with the changes, mplimented at least 6 months ago, that cant happen.  if someone comes posts and then leaves, he now has footprint forever 🙂  

How long is the current editing period allowed for a single post?

Can the software be set up to allow a longer edit period...e.g., 4 hr, 6 hr?

That would allow current posts to be edited, but not old ones.

Edited by lazarus
typo
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

4 hours ago, lazarus said:

Before the recent update there was no 'end' to the edit period. Now it's less than an hour?

Many reasons to edit: typos; better grammar; better photos; second thoughts on post content; etc. Sometimes it's just a matter of stepping away from the computer for a bit, only to come back and see the post needs an edit (or three).

Imo it's reasonable to allow editing up to the point when there are replies that quote the post. 

Editing is a must. Like that joke I’ve been using your wife every day…….oh sorry WIFI

• Haha 1

40 minutes ago, lazarus said:

I think extending the editing period to a few hours would be a reasonable compromise. Anyone spitting the dummy and wanting to go through and delete their posts would only be able to do that on a handful of posts, so the damage would be minimal.

• Thumbs Up 4

2 hours ago, lazarus said:

That would be a great plus for me, as i always read my posts before clicking on "Submit Reply", only to notice a little later on that i made a spelling mistake or missed out a small piece of info. Why i do not notice at the time of posting i cannot explain, i just put it down to age......

• Thumbs Up 2

it was set to two hours for editing, now set to three.

any other edits, such as PWP ( posting while pissed)  message mod and we will look for you

Sadly we cant otherwise manage the "from the pram toy throwers"  who have in the past ruined numerous threads.  I think 3 hrs for normal edit is fair and hope u will agree

• Like 1
  • Thanks 4

5 hours ago, tommy dee said:

any other edits, such as PWP ( posting while pissed)  message mod and we will look for you

Sadly we cant otherwise manage the "from the pram toy throwers"  who have in the past ruined numerous threads.  I think 3 hrs for normal edit is fair and hope u will agree

Mr Dee. While I appreciate that you are listening, the one hour increase doesn't really help the typographically challenged like myself.

For example, just recently I didn't realise until the following day that I had sent Mr DanglingBerries on a wild goose chase looking for the Facion pharmacy chain.

Instead of a time limit is there perhaps a count limit. e.g. a poster can only make say 5 edits in a 24 hour period.

Such a limit would slow down the toy throwers while assisting the slow on the uptake posters like myself. It might even give the PWP posters a chance to hide their shame in the cold hard light of dawn.

15 minutes ago, fygjam said:

Mr Dee. While I appreciate that you are listening, the one hour increase doesn't really help the typographically challenged like myself.

For example, just recently I didn't realise until the following day that I had sent Mr DanglingBerries on a wild goose chase looking for the Facion pharmacy chain.

Instead of a time limit is there perhaps a count limit. e.g. a poster can only make say 5 edits in a 24 hour period.

Such a limit would slow down the toy throwers while assisting the slow on the uptake posters like myself. It might even give the PWP posters a chance to hide their shame in the cold hard light of dawn.

no such option sorry.  best to re read what you write or, as i do, accept you are a terrible typist 🙂

thats it really.  done.  and its not new, been like this for over 6 months, just now extended.  and ass said, serious typos, ask a mod tochange for you

27 minutes ago, fygjam said:

I think most of us understand and accept typos, incorrect grammar and spelling mistakes as we have all made them. So no wild goose chase for me mate !

• Like 1

21 hours ago, tommy dee said:

The time extension for editing posts doesn't seem to be in effect. I have a one hour old post that I wanted to correct a word in, but there's no option to edit.

image.png

1 minute ago, forcebwithu said:

The time extension for editing posts doesn't seem to be in effect. I have a one hour old post that I wanted to correct a word in, but there's no option to edit.

image.png

Mr Dee speak with forked tongue?

• Haha 3