Back in Calif pics....

Yessongs

I used to spend weekends in SoCal. The restaurants, cars, and lady look lovely in the OP's pics. I am guessing just North of LA for a location.

Back when I was a regular, I used to stay in TJ, but would frequently cross the border back into the US in order to hike some of the incredible nature areas. Obviously this was pre 9/11.

A few pics from my days gone by.

Azelia Loop Trail - just off of Sunrise highway near San Diego

OakTree_AzeliaLoop.jpg

Also Azelia Loop Trail

PA140002.JPG

Torry Pines near Black's Beach - just North of La Jolla

PA150016.JPG

The reason I was in TJ this often

María1.jpg

Edited by ChiFlyer
  • Like 4

• 2 weeks later...

@ChiFlyer Nice pics, La Jolla down in the San Diego area is still nice. Great place to vacation. My pics were taken in the bay area, San Jose, Calif to be specific. 

Always good to get back home on occassion....The Viet Coffee girls and wifey like it too LOL! 

P178976.jpg

IMG_6730.jpg

• Like 6

16 hours ago, Yessongs said:

@ChiFlyer Nice pics, La Jolla down in the San Diego area is still nice. Great place to vacation. My pics were taken in the bay area, San Jose, Calif to be specific. 

Always good to get back home on occassion....The Viet Coffee girls and wifey like it too LOL! 

I was right, a little North of LA. 🙂

Actually San Jose was another weekend getaway airport target of mine. I used to like going there and driving down to Carmel for a quiet weekend. IT warriors need to rest up from time to time. Definitely NOT a good enthusiast location. 

Back in the day before I became an old fart, I really enjoyed day hikes through prime time nature areas. The beach at Carmel was amazing with the otters dodging the rocks etc. Lots of top tier restaurants as well.

Monterey was also cool once in while. Monterey besides the local attractions had great access to the Big Sur area. Just beautiful.

My favorite non-TJ favorita weekend nature getaway though was Seattle. Needed a 5 day weekend for that one and only early September had the acceptable weather to do day hikes there, due to the rain and the snow coverage at higher elevations.

From a little South of Rainer (Packwood), I would drive down some fire trails that were documented in a book and walk the combined trails that at the time would require a 12 hour effort that had views of Mt. Adams, Mt. St. Helens, Mt. Hood, and on a clear day Mt. Jefferson. Rainer and Baker were blocked from this location by a volcanic wall that was created millions of years ago. This was a little more serious day hiking.

I would carry in a backpack water (several quarts), some granola, a couple of sandwiches, and a couple of candy bars.

A few pics from back in the day. Sorry, but I do not have any of the South of Packwood pics as they are quite dated.

Cowlitz - next to Ranier

Cowlitz.JPG

A glacial Stream at the lower levels of Rainer

Glacial Stream.JPG

Near Mt St. Helens - The Plains of Abraham showing the destruction

Plains of Abraham.JPG

Also near Mt. St. Helens -> Spirit Lake (Google to see the impact)

Spirit Lake.JPG

Edited by ChiFlyer
  • Like 4
  • Thumbs Up 1

19 hours ago, Pumpuynarak said:

Do them Viet coffee girls table serve you dressed like that Mike ?

Yeah Clff, they do. Very competitive amongst the various shops. 

Always have a good time here......beats Starbucks huh? 

DSCN8042 (2).JPG

DSCN8043.JPG

DSCN9992.JPG

DSCN8586.JPG

DSCN8048.JPG

DSCN8049.JPG

DSCN8050.JPG

• Like 3
  • Thumbs Up 2