Montreal Grand Prix photos

Golfingboy

Nice photos buddy, great to see you are getting out and about for sure. Great sign that you are on your way to getting back to your old self. 

Formula 1 is coming to Las Vegas in November, god what an experience that would be seeing that on the strip!! 

Well done to you and glad you had a great time. 

I could not open any of the movies sadly. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Nightcrawler said:

Great stuff GB. I would love to attend an F1 race. Never had the chance before. The commentaries an shots on TV are great but nothing like being there in the crowd I should imagine. One day perhaps  

I never really cared for it myself, but now…..different story. My first golf tournament, stupid me drove 6 hours all night  to somewhere between NYC and Cleveland. Saw Mike Weir 🇨🇦, but after a few hours, it’s like “meh, been there some that”……like a 2nd Road two-lady soapy! 

With F1, it’s similar, I mean they keep going around the same lap, and you’re in the same seat, same viewpoint……but it’s just so exciting hearing them zip past. Doesn’t get old 

Old fella in the mon to get in the train, said it was his 29th time since 1978……that told me all I needed to know

• Like 1

My one and only experience of attending a F1 GP was the British GP at Brands Hatch in the early 70's. Like GB says the speed of the cars was unbelievable, you just don't get that experience watching TV.

It was an experience i will never forget and nether will my TR6 that i drove to the race from Southampton, the Lucas fuel injection system pump in the boot had a habit on really hot days of condensing (is that the right word) the fuel before it got to the engine and i had to stop regularly at petrol stations to use the airline to cool the pump down.

Those were the days, thanks for posting the pics GB.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Golfingboy said:

I never really cared for it myself, but now…..different story. My first golf tournament, stupid me drove 6 hours all night  to somewhere between NYC and Cleveland. Saw Mike Weir 🇨🇦, but after a few hours, it’s like “meh, been there some that”……like a 2nd Road two-lady soapy! 

With F1, it’s similar, I mean they keep going around the same lap, and you’re in the same seat, same viewpoint……but it’s just so exciting hearing them zip past. Doesn’t get old 

Old fella in the mon to get in the train, said it was his 29th time since 1978……that told me all I needed to know

It's a great atmosphere and all the tracks / countries are so different... the crowds are mental in Brazil .. I think Mexico would be similar 

I've been lucky enough to visit quite a few. .. São Paulo (5) , Budapest, Kuala Lumpur (3) , Melbourne, Barcelona (3)  , Suzuka 

I was due to go to Hanoi when Covid struck ..

Singapore and Monaco are on my list of places I would like to go 

• Like 3
  • Great Info 1

1 minute ago, Stillearly said:

It's a great atmosphere and all the tracks / countries are so different... the crowds are mental in Brazil .. I think Mexico would be similar 

I've been lucky enough to visit quite a few. .. São Paulo (5) , Budapest, Kuala Lumpur (3) , Melbourne, Barcelona (3)  , Suzuka 

I was due to go to Hanoi when Covid struck ..

Singapore and Monaco are on my list of places I would like to go 

F—k me you’ve lived well…did you operate a hedge fund?

• Haha 3

4 minutes ago, Pumpuynarak said:

My one and only experience of attending a F1 GP was the British GP at Brands Hatch in the early 70's. Like GB says the speed of the cars was unbelievable, you just don't get that experience watching TV.

It was an experience i will never forget and nether will my TR6 that i drove to the race from Southampton, the Lucas fuel injection system pump in the boot had a habit on really hot days of condensing (is that the right word) the fuel before it got to the engine and i had to stop regularly at petrol stations to use the airline to cool the pump down.

Those were the days, thanks for posting the pics GB.

As you saw Cliff I was in the middle of a straightaway. Besides the stall[Gasly IIRC], that cost the whole 1st session, there were many instances of drivers laying way off the throttle passing in front of me. What is messed up though, is when another car wanted to go 300-330km/h and had one of them in front…..I do t know what the protocol is but for sure he’s not running his fastest time swerving around. Then again Friday is for reference only and much experimenting, even if you set a record it doesn’t count. Lewis was DEAD LAST for a while……IM LIKE WTF????! The first lap he pushed he was into 5th, then he & Russell were 1-2

Amazing the strategy and calculations that go into a race. The cancelled session was very bad because it was the same time of day as the race, the extended session was 3 hours later…..Most of us if our car has OK alignment and gets us home we are fine…..these guys care about every hour of the day/every degree Celsius makes some noticeable difference. 

And don’t get me started about tires…..f—k me that’s a race in itself

• Thumbs Up 1

Thanks for posting this, I often considered going to a race, but a good friend of mine had a seat in the stand at Silverstone at great cost every year and told me that the race itself was a big let down.

He went for the whole weekend ( practice and Qualifying ) where they camped out and had a massive party.

I too am glad to see you getting out and about again. :default_good:

Edited by boydeste
  • Like 1