Life is fleeting - enjoy it while you can

ChiFlyer

26 minutes ago, Pumpuynarak said:

How much mate ?

Usually around $30, but for a critical documnet must do. With many legal manners now folks are able to use such apps as docu-sign, etc. Most things can now be sent electronically for free, saves a bundle.

But for things that are critical, require a notary/witness of are time sensitive I send DHL always and follow up with both an email and phone call.

• Like 2
  • Thumbs Up 2

15 minutes ago, Glasseye said:

Usually around $30, but for a critical documnet must do. With many legal manners now folks are able to use such apps as docu-sign, etc. Most things can now be sent electronically for free, saves a bundle.

But for things that are critical, require a notary/witness of are time sensitive I send DHL always and follow up with both an email and phone call.

Understand mate if its a critical document but POL i don't consider critical, as @forcebwithu says it costs peanuts (60bht) to send by Thai post and i've always used this method and never had a problem. Now we are all different and my UK State pension is such a small amount (£500 a month) and totally insignificant in the grand scheme of things that i'm not prepared to pay $30 to send.

As i said we're all different and thank god we are lol 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Pumpuynarak said:

Understand mate if its a critical document but POL i don't consider critical, as @forcebwithu says it costs peanuts (60bht) to send by Thai post and i've always used this method and never had a problem. Now we are all different and my UK State pension is such a small amount (£500 a month) and totally insignificant in the grand scheme of things that i'm not prepared to pay $30 to send.

As i said we're all different and thank god we are lol 

Depends on the document mate. I didn't break it down, but the poster appeared to be a bit unsure/anxious about whatever it was getting filed. 

Up to you.

• Thumbs Up 1

22 hours ago, Glasseye said:

DocuSign was a godsend when I sold my US house two years ago while still in Thailand. I had my son, who has POA, at the closing just in case any last minute glitches came up that required a signature.

4 hours ago, forcebwithu said:

DocuSign was a godsend when I sold my US house two years ago while still in Thailand. I had my son, who has POA, at the closing just in case any last minute glitches came up that required a signature.

Yep. Sold a condo with it. Realtor emailed me the link. It was amazingly easy.

There have been a couple other legal matters since I've moved here that required a notary. With notary it pretty much requires an appointment at the embassy followed by a DHL mailing. The timeliness of the embassy's scheduling (staffing and software issues) can be a bit of a challange. But, I have learned a couple methods to speed that process up.

29 minutes ago, Glasseye said:

Yep. Sold a condo with it. Realtor emailed me the link. It was amazingly easy.

There have been a couple other legal matters since I've moved here that required a notary. With notary it pretty much requires an appointment at the embassy followed by a DHL mailing. The timeliness of the embassy's scheduling (staffing and software issues) can be a bit of a challange. But, I have learned a couple methods to speed that process up.

At $50/notarization the cost can add up quickly. I did a refinance years ago and IIRC it was five pages that each had to be notarized. Theiving bastards.