This should not have happened!

Jambo

About 6 weeks ago I finally allowed common sense to overcome my ego and started to use a walking stick to get round whilst the days get closer (finally) to my hip replacement operation next month.

On Saturday I walked out of the bathroom and the following happened

IMG20230820090218.jpg

That is the stick in two pieces after the handle snapped. Only the fact I was at home and managed to use my free arm/hand to stop me falling saved me from potential injury. This just should not have happened and it was sheer luck I was not walking outside.

Not that I can walk far outside.

Amazon delivered walking stick mark 2 which looks the business!

IMG20230820090438.jpg

• Like 1
  • Sad 2
  • Surprised 2

These are my two canes. I haven't needed to use them (yet) as a walking aid. But they are strategically located in various parts of the house for denfensive purposes (blocking blows or head caving).... along with my Louisville slugger which stands loyally next to my bed.

The hand carved wooden cane is perfectly balanced. 

I'm not a violent guy. But I would take that metal cane that broke on you to the store and wrap it around someones head.

But better yet.... if you have a witness.... hire a lawyer, document everything and sue the f**k out of them. I think you have a good case.

You can make a seirious claim that it aggravated your condition. There are probably other cases of the same. You have a strong case IMO. Don't hesitate.

Jambo... call a lawyer today !

canes.jpg

• Thumbs Up 1

41 minutes ago, Glasseye said:

These are my two canes. I haven't needed to use them (yet) as a walking aid. But they are strategically located in various parts of the house for denfensive purposes (blocking blows or head caving).... along with my Louisville slugger which stands loyally next to my bed.

The hand carved wooden cane is perfectly balanced. 

I'm not a violent guy. But I would take that metal cane that broke on you to the store and wrap it around someones head.

But better yet.... if you have a witness.... hire a lawyer, document everything and sue the f**k out of them. I think you have a good case.

You can make a seirious claim that it aggravated your condition. There are probably other cases of the same. You have a strong case IMO. Don't hesitate.

Jambo... call a lawyer today !

canes.jpg

That wooden one reminds me of my Bearded Collie who could not go out for a walk without coming home with sticks like that........

ONLY bigger! 🤣

• Haha 1

21 minutes ago, Jambo said:

That wooden one reminds me of my Bearded Collie who could not go out for a walk without coming home with sticks like that........

ONLY bigger! 🤣

LOL. I used to have a Chesapeake Bay Retriever. Love of my life. 

She used to bring home sticks so big she couldn't get them through the door. I used to laugh my ass of watching her try to figure out how to get it through. 

She was a friggen devil though. Would sometimes eat her own shit and then belch in my face. 

After a few times of that I always had to watch her shit and then clean it up before she gobbled it down.

Dogs are odd creatures. And like I said in another thread, "no picnic to raise them". But, I wouldn't trade the years I had with her for nothing in the world.

The Beauty of the Chesapeake Bay Retriever | Pet News and Information

• Like 4
  • Thumbs Up 2