Houston we have a problem ....Ad blockers violate YouTube's Terms of Service--

fforest

Houston we have a problem....

I am blocked from YouTube as of today unless I watch ads......How can this be fixed besides watching ads or paying?  

Ad blockers violate YouTube's Terms of Service

• It looks like you may be using an ad blocker. Video playback is blocked unless YouTube is allowlisted or the ad blocker is disabled.
  • Ads allow YouTube to be used by billions worldwide.
  • You can go ad-free with YouTube Premium, and creators can still get paid from your subscription.

It seems my music favorites list still plays okay add free.......

And if you're not logged in the ad blocker still works well...

It seems being logged in and doing searches is what sets off the Youtube alarm bells with the ad blocker....

• Great Info 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

I noticed awhile back YT was getting more aggressive against those of us using ad blockers. Adblock Plus in my case. I just used ad block to block the pop up element that was displaying the "Ad blockers are not allowed on YouTube" message. :default_getdown:

The only downside I found with the continued use of an ad blocker is I can no longer scroll down to see comments. Not a big deal as most times I have no interest in reading the garbage that fills the comments section. On the occasion I do want to read the comments, I just open the clip in an incognito window.

52 minutes ago, tko said:

It happened to me a couple days ago, then stopped and the ad blocker is working again.

Like I said it looks to me like they are tightening more and more a little here a little there until the ad-blocks stop working....

They have all the money in the world to keep at this.....Their payday will be humongous if they can get massive numbers of new paying subscribers... 

Edited by fforest

3 hours ago, fforest said:

Youtube seems to me to be slowly tightening the pay noose around all users..

They want all users to pay up...Or watch endless stupid bloody ads..

How to Tie the Hangman's Noose - ITS Knot of the Week HD - YouTube

not being rude, but why would you expect it all to continue for free?  its a business. was always going to happen.  the ads are their revenue

40 minutes ago, tommy dee said:

not being rude, but why would you expect it all to continue for free?  its a business. was always going to happen.  the ads are their revenue

Yes your right...But Youtube seems to have been doing ok anyways...

I guess many people like myself have just gotten used to using ad-block with Youtube..

• Thumbs Up 2