Norma Jeane

Cleator

6 minutes ago, Cleator said:

Yeah - I don't think that they had effective medicines in the early 60's.

All that fame and money didn't make her happy. Maybe she needed a good lover that made her feel beautiful?

I think she used pills and killed herself, depression or a cry for help. No more from me on this subject.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

41 minutes ago, Cleator said:

Yeah - I don't think that they had effective medicines in the early 60's.

All that fame and money didn't make her happy. Maybe she needed a good lover that made her feel beautiful?

Sorry, but they had very effective drugs (from the studio's standpoint). Stars were fed daily dosages of uppers and downers to keep them working. This applied to Marilyn and also Judy Garland and many others. I have read that JFKs handlers also had him in this mode.

Rumor mill gossip? I do not think so. This was the time of "The Valley of the Dolls". Abuse of these medicines combined with star level depression and isolation were probably the cause of Marilyn's death, which was most likely an unintended suicide. 

22 minutes ago, ChiFlyer said:

Sorry, but they had very effective drugs (from the studio's standpoint). Stars were fed daily dosages of uppers and downers to keep them working. This applied to Marilyn and also Judy Garland and many others. I have read that JFKs handlers also had him in this mode.

Rumor mill gossip? I do not think so. This was the time of "The Valley of the Dolls". Abuse of these medicines combined with star level depression and isolation were probably the cause of Marilyn's death, which was most likely an unintended suicide. 

Thanks for the info'. I was not aware of said drugs being given to her, and others.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, ChiFlyer said:

Sorry to nitpick at you a little, but she had many of those:

• Joe Dimagio
  • Arthur Miller
  • JFK (probably)
  • RFK (maybe)
  • whoever she wanted I am sure

No problem. The exchange of information is very constructive.

• Like 1