Flying from Don Muang to Ubon

Derek Dangleberries

I intend to go on a Recce to Ubon in the middle of January for an unknown length of time

- Nam's taxi, Pattaya to Don Muang leaving Pattaya at 6am for a flight around 10 am. Has to be 6am or earlier to avoid prying eyes...

- Flying Business Class for excess baggage.

- One-way or open return.

- Airline not decided yet.

Please advise on any of the above. There is no way my back can sustain a 10 hour drive !!

Thank You !!

Nam no longer does trips to DMK according to her website.

image.png

You have the choice of Nok Air, Thai Lion Air or Thai AirAsia so might be struggling to get Business Class.  Maybe better going from BKK if that's a must have, as Thai Airways will offer a Business Class fare and Nam will take you there.

• Thanks 1
  • Great Info 1

1 hour ago, KWA said:

Nam no longer does trips to DMK according to her website.

image.png

You have the choice of Nok Air, Thai Lion Air or Thai AirAsia so might be struggling to get Business Class.  Maybe better going from BKK if that's a must have, as Thai Airways will offer a Business Class fare and Nam will take you there.

Thanks mate!

I hadn't considered Thai from BKK!

Business is not important so they do a single leaving at 7am, 25kg allowance for 1675 Baht

Just now, Derek Dangleberries said:

Yep, it was only for baggage allowance ..Economy 25kg is plenty for me .. Thank You..

If it were me I'd choose flights out BKK rather DMK to avoid the longer travel time in a car to the airport. That also has the advantage you could use Nam's for the car service. Of course that would be conditioned on not paying too much extra in flight cost for the convenience of a closer airport.

13 minutes ago, forcebwithu said:

If it were me I'd choose flights out BKK rather DMK to avoid the longer travel time in a car to the airport. That also has the advantage you could use Nam's for the car service. Of course that would be conditioned on not paying too much extra in flight cost for the convenience of a closer airport.

Yep, the quote you quoted was my quote from BKK with Thai Airways.

Many of the domestic flights will allow 25kgs or up to 32kgs of luggage. It's just they don't always give the option until you do the booking details and you have to add it after.

I just flew with Nok Air with 25kgs luggage, looks like they are an option for you.

Edited by boydeste
  • Thanks 1

45 minutes ago, boydeste said:

Many of the domestic flights will allow 25kgs or up to 32kgs of luggage. It's just they don't always give the option until you do the booking details and you have to add it after.

I just flew with Nok Air with 25kgs luggage, looks like they are an option for you.

25 minutes ago, Derek Dangleberries said:

Does NOK fly from BKK too ???

I don't know how to change the subject title .....!!

23 minutes ago, forcebwithu said:

Post what title you would like. Then use the report post function to bring your post to the attention of the mods who can change the title for you.

Thanks mate. It was just that I am no longer interested in Don Muang because the early Thai airways flight is perfect for what I want..

Thinking about it though perhaps the title could stay for future posters ....