Airline food - love it or hate it?.

Butch

1 hour ago, Butch said:

[...]

Considering that the food has been sat for the thick end of 10+ hours by the time they serve it,  i'm slightly reluctant to eat the breakfast.

As it was deep-frozen most of that time, that reluctance is unnecessary.

• Thumbs Up 1

Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, Freee!! said:

As it was deep-frozen most of that time, that reluctance is unnecessary.

It's blast chilled or fast friozen then reheated on the Aircraft using convection ovens apparently, still not enough to make me want to eat it!.

I just normally have a flapjack that I've purchased and coffee for my breakfast.

Edited by Butch

6 minutes ago, Butch said:

It's blast chilled or fast friozen then reheated on the Aircraft using convection ovens apparently, still not enough to make me want to eat it!.

Good enough for me.

6 minutes ago, Butch said:

[...] and coffee for my breakfast.

If you are questioning things to consume on an airplane, start with the water supply.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

7 minutes ago, Freee!! said:

Good enough for me.

If you are questioning things to consume on an airplane, start with the water supply.

Yep, I've read a few horror stories about the condition of the water tanks on aircraft, although I've never had an issue with the coffee, but I don't think the water is boiled prior to making it.  On EVA, they do serve their water from bottles. I tend to prefer Tomato or orange juice anyway.

It's damn good coffee though.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 3

2 minutes ago, Butch said:

Yep, I've read a few horror stories about the condition of the water tanks on aircraft, although I've never had an issue with the coffee, but I don't think the water is boiled prior to making it.  On EVA, they do serve their water from bottles. I tend to prefer Tomato or orange juice anyway.

It's damn good coffee though.

I like the coffee too and it seems to have the required kick to wake me up on arrival when I have been napping. 

• Like 2
  • Thumbs Up 1

I'm a very fussy eater, normally I would just eat Bread with a glass of milk.

I would also bring snacks with me, last trip I brought two packs of Cadbury's Elcairs and snack one pack on the way out and one on the way back.

• Like 1