USA NCAA Men's Basketball - March Madness

ChiFlyer

I really do not follow college basketball that closely, but have enjoyed March Madness over the years.

The brackets will be set tonight (March 17th) at 6 PM EDT.

Any interest in having a pool here? I would be willing to help out with the admin. I would suggest a minimal entry fee of say 1000 THB, with winner takes all. If this goes against board policies, all apologies.

• Thumbs Up 1

It’s funny, Purdue is on TV here often. They have a Canadian kid Zach Edey, one of the best in the whole NCAA, 7’4” center. 

Funny thing is though, he is not projected to go that high in the draft in a few months. Years ago he’d be Top 5, maybe #1, but the game has evolved and the big, big man in the middle is not as coveted. They want mobile power forwards and power my guards who can make 40% of their 3P’s. Now last year’s #1 is a 7’5” center, Wembayama, and he is doing very well, but he’s a freak, exception to the rule. And guys that height are SO prone to injury

Anyway wish Zach the best and a long career, I’ll be tuning in to the tourney….Always was an AZ Wildcat fan due to my time in Tucson, Wolverines/Spartans too. There are some crazy finishes, lots of buzzer beaters 

image.png