Random Pictures. (Just add one photograph that you personally have taken).

john luke

2 hours ago, boydeste said:

This water also has a massive crayfish problem. They have set traps all around the lake to try to remove them. 

I pulled my trap out to find it full of crays. Hopefully they won't give me too many problems out on my spots.

20231022_110620.jpg

Oh no! I hate those things, used to catch some on a pool in Bewdley, the owner said they were good to eat. Said he boiled them like lobsters!

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, richy65 said:

Oh no! I hate those things, used to catch some on a pool in Bewdley, the owner said they were good to eat. Said he boiled them like lobsters!

I don't eat shellfish so wouldn't know, but I am pretty sure the owners are selling them on because they are put in a large bucket, then collected every week from all of the swims.

• Like 1
  • Great Info 1
  • Haha 1

11 hours ago, richy65 said:

They look hopeful for some spare bait!

Many anglers loose bait in the margins, especially using a catapult, the pouch hits an arm and the contents spray all over the floor or in this case the water.

Birds wise up very quick. When I put bait out with a throwing stick, the ducks fly in from all over the lake to try to intercept them. 

If a lake has sea gulls, they are the same, probably get 4 or 5 baits out before they are taking them.

• Like 1
  • Great Info 1