What Is Rising In Pattaya

forcebwithu

22 minutes ago, Trip said:

There is a sunny side to growing older and losing some hearing.

No question about growing older many benefits but in my case my hearing is pretty good I just think a lot of people need something to whine about when the music starts

13 minutes ago, Yesitisdakid said:

No question about growing older many benefits but in my case my hearing is pretty good I just think a lot of people need something to whine about when the music starts

My entire career I spent working in quiet office environments, so I expect that has a lot to do with my low tolerance for loud music, and noises. So much so that I have a negative physical reaction anytime a bike with loud pipes or a car with the bass cranked goes by, or I'm in a place when the boss decides to "liven" the place up by turning up the volume of the music. For me that's an immediate check bin, I'm out of there.

• Great Info 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

46 minutes ago, forcebwithu said:

My entire career I spent working in quiet office environments, so I expect that has a lot to do with my low tolerance for loud music, and noises. So much so that I have a negative physical reaction anytime a bike with loud pipes or a car with the bass cranked goes by, or I'm in a place when the boss decides to "liven" the place up by turning up the volume of the music. For me that's an immediate check bin, I'm out of there.

no question we each will have different tolerance levels

• 2 weeks later...

About 3.5 years ago I followed this place getting built.

new build 06.jpg

new build 09.jpg

new build 12.jpg

Now they're building in the rest of the space between the building and the road.  Not sure where the bikes and pickups are going to park.

new build 15.jpg

• Like 1

On 1/30/2024 at 5:16 PM, forcebwithu said:

I am the same, but the reasons for it are different. Also, when I really have to I can tolerate it, but I avoid whenever possible.

Throughout a good part of my career I had a radio that I had to monitor and sort out a few inches away from my ear. That in itself could have caused the "sensitivity" that I have now. But there was much more than that I could add (but I won't).

Noise and vibrations affect us (humans) more than we recognize or are even conscious of. It is more than a type of anxiety (which can be of varying degrees). 

A bit scientific but it covers a lot of different things.....   

https://www.britannica.com/science/noise-pollution

1 hour ago, forcebwithu said:

Hmmm, I wonder what they're going to build here

Y'know mate, I see these pics and wonder at the luck/coincidence/serendipity that has brought me back to Isaan.

I had reached so many dead ends in my search for options to remain "weird" after the imminent eviction but just fell lucky!

You, all the "homebrew crew" and those that I was unavailable to meet up with are most welcome here anytime ..... But you'll have to find me first !!

1 hour ago, Derek Dangleberries said:

Y'know mate, I see these pics and wonder at the luck/coincidence/serendipity that has brought me back to Isaan.

I had reached so many dead ends in my search for options to remain "weird" after the imminent eviction but just fell lucky!

You, all the "homebrew crew" and those that I was unavailable to meet up with are most welcome here anytime ..... But you'll have to find me first !!

DD...

I missed out on something...

I caught the post way back about being essentially wiped off the map in a hood you seemed to be very happy with. You had mentioned something about maybe not looking forward to condo living. And there was some travelling recently.

But, I didn't catch that you were relocating to Issan. Where did you end up (if you don't mind me asking) ?

32 minutes ago, Glasseye said:

Say again....?  lol.    Wise move me thinks mate.

Saraburi Leoh Kwah is the generic term used by Thais to indicate Isaan. Saraburi turn right..

I did mention on a different thread that I was about an hour's drive from Ubon.. What I failed to mention was whether I was driving an Eeten at 5mph or a BMW at 120 mph ..

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, Derek Dangleberries said:

Saraburi Leoh Kwah is the generic term used by Thais to indicate Isaan. Saraburi turn right..

I did mention on a different thread that I was about an hour's drive from Ubon.. What I failed to mention was whether I was driving an Eeten at 5mph or a BMW at 120 mph ..

No Ford Ranger ?      5555 !

• Haha 1

35 minutes ago, Derek Dangleberries said:

How are you getting on with learning Issan? My favorite word which comes in handy on a daily basis, ì-yăng (what). :default_biggrin:

40 Easy Isaan Words & Phrases You Can Learn Today

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, Derek Dangleberries said:

M'Lady has already scolded me for "ying gratai" going to shoot a rabbit when we were outside drinking beer 

Heck, I was beginning to start thinking you are a pretty smart guy learning all of those languages like that. Then you mentioned the M'lady part which kind of explains things.

Shooting a rabbit. ? They digging up her garden or is she just working on supper ?

What's she using ? A .22 rifle ?

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Glasseye said:

Shooting a rabbit. ? They digging up her garden or is she just working on supper ?

ยิงกระต่าย - ying krataai

To shoot rabbits - to piss, to pee (only of boys).

https://www.thailex.info/THAILEX/THAILEXENG/LEXICON/Proverbs & Idioms.htm#:~:text=ยิงกระต่าย - ying krataai,pee (only of boys).

• Thumbs Up 1

On 1/20/2024 at 5:31 AM, rhodie said:

And you can see the poles of another one being built next to the one being built. I suspect a lot of Mookata's in the area soon.

The first one has a name now and you were right, another Mookata.

mookata 05.jpg

And progress on the next one from a couple of days ago.

mookata 06.jpg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

Business must be booming as it looks like 79 Mookata may be expanding. I'm guessing that as the new support pillars line up with the existing building.
P2240014.jpg

P2240016.jpg

Quite a bit has changed at this corner over the last dozen years.
P2240004.jpg

From my photo archives this pic from the same position back in 2012.
IMG_3706.jpg

• Like 1
  • Great Info 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

• 1 month later...

Latest pic of the potential Mookata and the start of something new just further down the road.  Markings for 16 smaller units round the perimeter and something bigger in the centre.

mookata 07.jpg

mookata 08.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1