What Is Rising In Pattaya

forcebwithu

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
On 5/7/2022 at 1:19 PM, forcebwithu said:

Looks like they're laying a foundation for a large structure next to the 747. Perhaps a terminal for self-loading cargo. :default_biggrin:

P5070004_stitch.jpg

This land is worth $$$$$....I just can't see this plane taking up a big chunk of the space for very long.....I don't get the dining on a plane thing anyways...

• Thumbs Up 1

1 minute ago, fforest said:

This land is worth $$$$$....I just can't see this plane taking up a big chunk of the space for very long.....I don't get the dining on a plane thing anyways...

Think it's destined to be another tourist trap for when the tourists return in numbers. IIRC, the no. 1 thing tourists like to do on holiday is eat with no. 2 being shopping. Sounds like a boring holiday to me, but then to each their own.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, fforest said:

Yeah, the vast majority of us are just happy to get off the damned things when we finally arrive...

• Like 3

12 hours ago, fforest said:

Half the town looks like a bombed out war zone. How could that land be worth big bucks ?

35 minutes ago, forcebwithu said:

The new building on Soi 15 near the Buakhao intersection is almost done.
P5120037.jpg

And on Buakhao opposite Soi 15 the new hotel is almost completed.
P5120039.jpg

P5120042.jpg

All that is required now is customers.......

8 hours ago, Derek Dangleberries said:

Yup...

...but there is so much money being pumped into new projects (to join the shit load of money already spent on existing projects!) that I can't help but think that somebody somewhere knows something...

I went to Acapulco over 15 years ago for a short visit. At the time I was too arsed for the long flight to LOS.

The beach promenade stretched for miles, seemed like endless condo buildings packed side by side. 

On a walk along the promenade I would encounter numerous hawkers flipping sales brochures etc. During the walk you could barely even see the waters as they were blocked by the developments. I would reckon then (and still now) a very high percentage of those units were (and remain) vacant.

Very similar (although not quite as packed in) experience in South Rio de Janeiro back in the day. Endless hulking behemoths are far as the eye could see. Each with only a few lights on at night. Kind of reminds me of what you see along Na Jomtien.

I'm sure many of the investors thought similar things to what you mentioned above. And most of them are probably crying in their tequila as I write this.

• Like 3

10 hours ago, Glasseye said:

I went to Acapulco over 15 years ago for a short visit. At the time I was too arsed for the long flight to LOS.

The beach promenade stretched for miles, seemed like endless condo buildings packed side by side. 

On a walk along the promenade I would encounter numerous hawkers flipping sales brochures etc. During the walk you could barely even see the waters as they were blocked by the developments. I would reckon then (and still now) a very high percentage of those units were (and remain) vacant.

Very similar (although not quite as packed in) experience in South Rio de Janeiro back in the day. Endless hulking behemoths are far as the eye could see. Each with only a few lights on at night. Kind of reminds me of what you see along Na Jomtien.

I'm sure many of the investors thought similar things to what you mentioned above. And most of them are probably crying in their tequila as I write this.

Very , very true what you say, but Thailand is at the cusp of major change. The poor can't take much more and the corrupt have gone two years without backhanders.

I think investors are "all in" on an "odds on favourite" ....

15 minutes ago, Derek Dangleberries said:

Very , very true what you say, but Thailand is at the cusp of major change. The poor can't take much more and the corrupt have gone two years without backhanders.

I think investors are "all in" on an "odds on favourite" ....

Are you saying.... the shit is about to hit the fan ?       lol

• Haha 1

• 4 weeks later...
2 hours ago, forcebwithu said:

They're working on compacting the vacant land next to Nirun. Be interesting to see what kind of buildings they plant on the land.
P6110009.JPG

Whatever they have planned, best they make a quick start, before the flytippers take advantage of the empty space.....

Could be a big one starting on the football pitch just off Third Road north of Soi 14(?), which goes up to Max Central and M Club.  The football pitch has already gone and a fence erected around part of the site at least, with lorries dumping earth today.  If I remember I'll have a closer look in the morning for any clues.

• Great Info 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

14 minutes ago, KWA said:

Could be a big one starting on the football pitch just off Third Road north of Soi 14(?), which goes up to Max Central and M Club.  The football pitch has already gone and a fence erected around part of the site at least, with lorries dumping earth today.  If I remember I'll have a closer look in the morning for any clues.

Noticed that too. They've been working on clearing it for a couple of weeks now.