Is it raining in Pattaya? (Threads Merged)

john luke

Hearing rumblings from the west, offshore, but unfortunately it looks like that line of thunderstorms is moving in the wrong direction, away from Pattaya.

On the plus side, with the cloud cover it feels much cooler outside.

image.jpeg

Well that changed quickly. Another line of thunderstorms has developed and moved in from the east. The thunder gods just announced their arrival with a nice crack of lightning and thunder overhead. No rain yet.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Quite pleased with my expanded rain collection system. That one rainstorm and a single roofline gutter managed to fill 2500L in less than an hour.

In the pic below, the 1000L tank is at the far back, the 1500L tank in the foreground.

I expect the approx 10k baht I spent on the system to save me about 30B/month. :default_biggrin: It wasn't really about the savings, but a project to keep me busy.

image.jpeg

• Thumbs Up 5

2 hours ago, forcebwithu said:

The dry spell of the last two months has been broken with rain this morning.

We had a massive rain storm during the night..Some bushes have new light green leaves growing already !!!

It is very likely I shall be driving to Pattaya for the weekend - stopping somewhere near Korat for an overnight rest - so hoping for the rain to keep away for a few days ..

• Like 2

19 hours ago, johnpat said:

Another great way to keep track of weather in Pattaya is the Longdo Traffic app (I've got it on Android, not sure about iOS)

image.jpeg

You can see traffic cameras all over Pattaya (and elsewhere).  It overlays the radar  on the map.

While it was dry at my place in central Pattaya I could see heavy rain on Sukumvit

image.jpeg

and at Terminal 21 light rain

image.jpeg

Just installed the app. Very cool! Only disappointment is they don't have any cameras covering the flood prone areas.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Sad 1

48 minutes ago, Pumpuynarak said:

Same here in Korat, its lovely.

Hope it stays that way for tomorrow afternoon and evening as I hope to have turned off the 24 by then onto the 304....

I have just noticed that the main route from Isaan to Pattaya is the "304" .......... Geddit ??

• Thumbs Up 1

Posted (edited)
9 minutes ago, Derek Dangleberries said:

Hope it stays that way for tomorrow afternoon and evening as I hope to have turned off the 24 by then onto the 304....

I have just noticed that the main route from Isaan to Pattaya is the "304" .......... Geddit ??

Nahh i'm 73 ya know, give me a clue lol

Edited by Pumpuynarak
  • Haha 1

I think i gotit, Bore. Having driven the 304 more times than i can remember i have to say that i quite liked the journey, maybe it was the excitement building of where i was going lol, each to their own.

• Haha 1

36 minutes ago, Pumpuynarak said:

I think i gotit, Bore. Having driven the 304 more times than i can remember i have to say that i quite liked the journey, maybe it was the excitement building of where i was going lol, each to their own.

Same same when I had my pick-up and before the road improvements ..... This time it'll be in M'Lady's Nissan Micra so it's going to be a totally different driving experience !!!

• Thumbs Up 1

8 minutes ago, Pumpuynarak said:

I wish you well lol

Hahahaha...Similar to driving across Germany in the pouring rain (still on subject!) in my little Mini Metro with the roof rack fully laden, then wheel spinning trying to get up the wet Ferry ramp from the rain (still on subject)!!

....Because it was raining....

• Haha 2

With all the lightning about, you can test your Thai loved one's mettle by calling her on her mobile and seeing if she'll answer.

My lady just walked in to bring me lunch. I picked up my phone as if I were going to call someone and she immediately freaked out. :default_biggrin:

It was a monster storm here in South Pattaya, with fork lightning and torrential rain. I'd gone for a drive to do some shopping in Friendship and had to sit in the car waiting for it to ease off, but it didn't, so after 15 minutes I just grabbed the brolly and made a dash for the shop as they only give you an hour of free parking. It was almost deserted inside, all the people who'd been there when it started had done their shopping and were waiting outside for it to ease off, and hardly anyone was arriving in that downpour. After the day of rain on Tuesday, that will have flushed the Pattaya drains out nicely.

• Like 4