Rugby Union

Stillearly

Back in 1999 I travelled to Fiji. The one real memory i have (apart from thr beaches not being what i expected) was of the Fijians playing rugby on any empty piece of land... often 30 a side, with a telegraph post in the centre of the "field". 

Couldn't watch the game tonight, but am glad the Fijians didn't get rolled over. 

Relieved we won though. 

• Thumbs Up 1

Just now, Stillearly said:

England the only unbeaten team left in the tournament ... 🤷‍♂️

Well as an Englishman watching that tonight I'm 100% sure that record will go next week. Those Springboks are monsters and if we can lose by less than 20 points I'll consider it a result.

That first half was out of this world.......

• Thumbs Up 2

1 minute ago, mrcharliemofo said:

Well as an Englishman watching that tonight I'm 100% sure that record will go next week. Those Springboks are monsters and if we can lose by less than 20 points I'll consider it a result.

That first half was out of this world.......

I think you're right , but after the warm up matches, I wasn't expecting much from England ... so every round is a bonus 😎

• Thumbs Up 2

Just now, Stillearly said:

I think you're right , but after the warm up matches, I wasn't expecting much from England ... so every round is a bonus 😎

I wasn't sure they'd even get out of the group stage after those warm up games.

That match tonight and last night's Ireland - All Blacks game were absolutely the best I've seen for years. Either one would have been a superb final.

I fancied South Africa before the tournament started and I reckon they have enough to beat the All Blacks, not by much but as tonight showed, 1 point is enough.

• Thumbs Up 1

1 minute ago, Stillearly said:

also ... last time England won the WC I watched the final in Thailand , will be watching this final there as well 🤞🤞🤞 😜 555

You might be watching the final in Thailand again but you won't be watching England.

Head says South Africa, heart says New Zealand.

• Thumbs Up 2

4 minutes ago, Stillearly said:

also ... last time England won the WC I watched the final in Thailand , will be watching this final there as well 🤞🤞🤞 😜 555

Ditto, but I fear a 3am thai time kick off might mean I'll watch a replay when I wake up!

Whoever is playing, I just hope it's as good a match as tonight's 

• Great Info 1