Gulf War veteran, 55, was killed by a single punch from a bouncer in Thailand

Pumpuynarak

1 minute ago, Thai Spice said:

It has happened to me to walk out once or twice, it is all about YOU react when the waitress or bouncers calls you....  Deconflict the situation ! 

I expect the big bar war veteran gave it large and then got sat on his ass.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Gin Kii said:

I expect the big bar war veteran gave it large and then got sat on his ass.

I've no doubt cos thats what many seriously drunk patrons do, why do you think civilised countries have laws to prevent bars/bar staff from continuing serving alcohol to clearly drunken patrons ?

Another piece of advice to any farang considering getting absolutely shitfaced on a night out, don't do it alone, always have a wingman who is'nt gonna be in the same state as you, if thats possible lol

NB - Have you looked at the vid ?  

• Like 2

17 hours ago, fygjam said:

Speaking of which.

What ever happened to Jose Manuel Polanco who kicked Benjamin Robb to death in the Ruby Club, Soi 6, in February 2018.

Just another of Pattaya's little misadventures.

Polanco may not have kicked Robb to death.  The only report of Robb getting his head stomped came from a post on Pattaya Addicts by an individual no one had ever met. That post was repeated endlessly on social media, the punter boards and even in the mainstream media.  There was never any confirmation or corroboration that Polanco had stomped Robb's head while he was helpless on the floor.

A poster on Thai Visa who said he was a friend of Benjamin Robb and his family wrote that the Australian autopsy report attributed Robb's death to  brain trauma from striking his head or the floor.  Heavy intake of alcohol may also have aggravated the brain injury. Robb also had a fractured eye socket, but the autopsy indicated no evidence of head stomping.  Most likely scenario, based on the Australian (NOT Thai) autopsy is that Polanco punched Robb once, knocked him him down and Robb then struck his head on the floor.

I thought that poster on T-V was credible as he posted a copy of the letter the Thai police sent to the Australian Embassy informing them of Robb's death.  The only way the poster could have gotten access to that letter is through Robb's family.

Supposedly Polanco got a two-year suspended sentence, but he must remain in Pattaya until the two years have passed.  He will then he allowed to leave (or be deported from) Thailand.  

It boils down to this: if Polanco stomped on the head of a man who was defenseless on the floor, he should have been found guilty of murder and a terrible miscarriage of justice has occurred.  Head-stomping is a deadly technique and the intent is only to kill or maim.  But if Polanco threw just one punch after having been attacked, then Robb's death was the tragic outcome of a bar fight and the sentence Polanco  received could be considered reasonable.

But if someone has a better version of what happened, please, please, please post it.

Evil

• Like 3
  • Great Info 2

13 minutes ago, Evil Penevil said:

It boils down to this: if Polanco stomped on the head of a man who was defenseless on the floor, he should have been found guilty of murder and a terrible miscarriage of justice has occurred. 

Murder suggests it was premeditated.

Too many men on steroids, who think they need to show they are "real" men when in a bar ....  A bit like in the gym....

Most of them are not mentally cut to live and survive in  a red district, prostitution, mafia environment facing people who were born and bread there.

Seen it in so many places. Sadly it seems to be more and more the rule now.  

Edit : Plus as I mentionned earlier, the profile of the "quality" visitor or resident.

Why this shit doesn't happen.in Wanchai or Itaewon, or Texas street in Pusan (S.K.) ?   Its the same world, bars, prostitutes and alcohol...

Difference is the "customers" 

First time Miss Indo was in Pattaya, she mention "woaw, never seen so many rubbish foreigners " .....  First visit but with 2y SGP, and 12 y HKG "experience" .....

Edited by Thai Spice
  • Like 2

5 minutes ago, Thai Spice said:

Too many men on steroids, who think they need to show they are "real" men when in a bar ....  A bit like in the gym....

Most of them are not mentally cut to live and survive in  a red district, prostitution, mafia environment facing people who were born and bread there.

The deceased does not appear to be a roided up gym junkie.

Being a veteran I assume he thought he was ten foot tall and bullet proof though and run his mouth accordingly which ended badly.

7 hours ago, roobob said:

Old saying... if you can't handle it...don't drink it.

Same as ..if you buy the drink ...then the onus in you to pay for the drink...… no one else ..but you.

Saying you are too drunk or blaming the bar that you got too drunk for not paying is nothing but a cop out. You are the one ordering and drinking it.... so the responsibility for payment is yours... .. not the bars.

cheers

Wrong o big time Rob. Complete and total wrong. Beating someone up over an unpaid bill is completely and totally illegal, and absolutely unacceptable, its NO DIFFERENT THAN ANY OTHER TRANSACTION. 

What Pump stated is spot on.

With one exception.... Bouncers are often looking for these opportunities. They don't give a rats ass about the money. What they want is to punch somebody out. They and the bar should be held fully accountable for any injuries/damages relating to such action. 100 %

• Thumbs Up 1

Just now, Glasseye said:

Wrong o big time Rob. Complete and total wrong. Beating someone up over an unpaid bill is completely and totally illegal, and absolutely unacceptable, its NO DIFFERENT THAN ANY OTHER TRANSACTION. 

What Pump stated is spot on.

With one exception.... Bouncers are often looking for these opportunities. They don't give a rats ass about the money. What they want is to punch somebody out. They and the bar should be held fully accountable for any injuries/damages relating to such action. 100 %

I suggest you read my post again as I did not say that beating someone up for an unpaid bill was acceptable..

I said that the onus is on the person who is ordering the drinks ..… it is their responsibility to pay the bill that they run up if they are drunk or not...… no one else..... and to blame a bar for when they do not is a cop out.

cheers

4 hours ago, Thai Spice said:

Edit : Plus as I mentionned earlier, the profile of the "quality" visitor or resident.

Why this shit doesn't happen.in Wanchai or Itaewon, or Texas street in Pusan (S.K.) ?   Its the same world, bars, prostitutes and alcohol...

Difference is the "customers" 

First time Miss Indo was in Pattaya, she mention "woaw, never seen so many rubbish foreigners " .....  First visit but with 2y SGP, and 12 y HKG "experience" .....

In Wanchai the bouncers I've interacted with are much more professional. And they are more proactive in recognizing an issue before allowing to develop into a cluster f**k.

• Thumbs Up 1

3 hours ago, roobob said:

I suggest you read my post again as I did not say that beating someone up for an unpaid bill was acceptable..

I said that the onus is on the person who is ordering the drinks ..… it is their responsibility to pay the bill that they run up if they are drunk or not...… no one else..... and to blame a bar for when they do not is a cop out.

cheers

You're missing the point.

• Thumbs Up 1

8 minutes ago, Glasseye said:

You're missing the point.

I am missing no point..... I think you are..... as you seem to think that every time a punter does not pay his bin... he automatically gets a bashing by security..... which belongs in the basket  titled..... another Pattaya myth.

cheers 

Edited by roobob

7 minutes ago, Glasseye said:

In Wanchai the bouncers I've interacted with are much more professional. And they are more proactive in recognizing an issue before allowing to develop into a cluster f**k.

Agreed. Not the same nationality, most are Nepalese, some Philipines.  Other difference is that they are expats or "foreigners" same as you.

24 minutes ago, Glasseye said:

Whilst I agree the reaction (beating) on the face of the facts presented was extreme and an over the top result neither you (I assume you was not there) or I was present at the time and I suspect old matey being a war vet gave it large and the smack was a result of that and not the bill.

Edited by Gin Kii
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Pumpuynarak said:

and your powers of supposition are also amazing 😀

You witnessed the incident and have information to contradict my scenario ?

I doubt you do so stop with your nonsense replies qouting me.

Edited by Gin Kii
  • Haha 2

3 hours ago, roobob said:

I am missing no point..... I think you are..... as you seem to think that every time a punter does not pay his bin... he automatically gets a bashing by security..... which belongs in the basket  titled..... another Pattaya myth.

cheers 

Happens wayyyyyyyyyyyyy too often. And not just in Thailand. 

• Thumbs Up 1

1 minute ago, Glasseye said:

Happens wayyyyyyyyyyyyy too often. And not just in Thailand. 

Is the beating unprovoked or does the bin dodger getting mouthy when approached  and then gets a slap ?

I ask as you seem to be knowledgable on the matter.

3 hours ago, Gin Kii said:

Is the beating unprovoked or does the bin dodger getting mouthy when approached  and then gets a slap ?

If he (the bouncer) is attacked physically he should be able to defend himself. Getting "mouthy" is not an excuse. 

• Thumbs Up 1

3 minutes ago, Gin Kii said:

Can you respect the deseased plse ?  I got your point, but there are more diplomatic ways to express it......

• Thumbs Up 1