Cricket

coxyhog

Well done Stuart Broad on reaching 600 tests wickets.

Pity Anderson hasn't pitched in,I can't understand why Tongue is being overlooked,he was good in his only test so far & Anderson has been crap.

Marsh on 34no,he could take the game away from England here(& the Ashes).

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

9 hours ago, coxyhog said:

Pity Anderson hasn't pitched in,I can't understand why Tongue is being overlooked,he was good in his only test so far & Anderson has been crap.

Is ''Old Trafford'' not regarded as Anderson's home venue, i think he's been included because of that and the fact his Ashes home career is basically over with the next home series in 2027, but i could be wrong lol 

8 hours ago, Pumpuynarak said:

Is ''Old Trafford'' not regarded as Anderson's home venue, i think he's been included because of that and the fact his Ashes home career is basically over with the next home series in 2027, but i could be wrong lol 

Yep

16 minutes ago, Bobbyg said:

Some innings that by Crawley!

Agreed. Hopefully this will lead to a bit of consistency...

I was a bit disappointed we didn't push on in the last hour to make a 3 figure lead overnight, but let's hope the weather plays fair over the weekend

• Like 3
  • Thumbs Up 1

Given the weather forecast I was certain that with even a 50 run lead they would declare & have half an hour to try to knock one or two over before close.Doesn't matter whether we lose or draw the only result that counts is a win.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, coxyhog said:

Given the weather forecast I was certain that with even a 50 run lead they would declare & have half an hour to try to knock one or two over before close.Doesn't matter whether we lose or draw the only result that counts is a win.

I did wonder if we might do that. However, I would have preferred to slog play bazball hard for the last hour (when Brook and Stokes seemed to play for the close of play), then continue slogging attacking tomorrow morning. If the weather favoured bowling tomorrow morning, slog attack for an hour, get a 200 lead, declare and try to bowl them out again before the rain comes... if it favours batting then bat until lunch.....

As you say, only a win will do, and if a day is lost to rain, we need a lead and get them in again 

• Like 2
  • Thumbs Up 2