Cricket

coxyhog

12 minutes ago, Starshine said:

Well this game not going to last 5 days.

I’ll be at Lords on Saturday for the women’s Ashes T20 game in the Edrich stand.

Got a ticket for their ODI on the Sunday the weekend after at the Ageas.It’s a sellout so women’s cricket is getting bigger.

It’s so much cheaper for tickets and the quality is getting better all the time.

• Like 1

I rather like this  😋-

Booze and boos, but banter trumps hostility in Headingley outer

Leeds: In the afternoon shadows of Headingley’s Western Terrace – the notorious gathering spot in English cricket for disorderly conduct and mischief-making – three burly men stood dragging on cigarettes and sipping beer.

Two of them were draped in ponchos, sporting fake moustaches and wearing sombreros. The other, a tight-fitting short dress made from the flag of St George, complemented by a blonde wig.

8558251c313321d80b69da04534bc9e11dbc4d3e

The atmosphere in the stands at Headingley on day one of the third Ashes Test was spirited, but most fans were well behaved.Credit: Getty Images

Out of nowhere, a rowdy Australian arrived in a gold XXXX bucket hat and Hawaiian shirt.

“Which one of you whinging Pommy bastards has got a light?” he yelled at the top of his voice.

All three men offered up instantly, smiles on their faces. By the time the quartet had stubbed out their butts they were talking about meeting up at a nearby pub at the end of play.

“We all like to shit-stir a bit, don’t we?” the Adelaide man, Hamish Davison, says. “It’s all a bit of fun, hey? We all love our cricket.”

https://www.smh.com.au/sport/cricket/booze-and-boos-but-banter-trumps-hostility-in-headingley-outer-20230707-p5dmf3.html

• Like 1
  • Great Info 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

6 hours ago, Pumpuynarak said:

Englands batsmen are letting us down imo, obviously with the exception of Stokes.

Too much "I've got to hook that short ball, because if I don't the Aussies will see it as a victory.... oh.... I've been caught...." attitude. They don't seem to have the patience to build an innings,  presumably because most innings they play these days don't last more than 20 overs.

• Thumbs Up 3

24 minutes ago, Painter said:

Too much "I've got to hook that short ball, because if I don't the Aussies will see it as a victory.... oh.... I've been caught...." attitude. They don't seem to have the patience to build an innings,  presumably because most innings they play these days don't last more than 20 overs.

Both innings being just 52 and 60 overs tells you everything.

• Thumbs Up 2

2 hours ago, Painter said:

& our one proper test batsman,Joe Root,seems to have signed up to it as well.

• Thumbs Up 2