Cricket

coxyhog

1 minute ago, galenkia said:

Hopefully it will be us playing them in the final Sunday.

Will be glued to the action tomorrow morning.

Just dont publicise the result in this thread please.... they dont play until tomorrow afternoon here! 

🙂

Hope it works out in our favour

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1

Outstanding performance, when our batsman fire they are superb to watch . The bowlers also did a great job, thought the little cameo by Hardik might have just made it tricky for England, but on todays form they were easily chasing 200 down probably.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, galenkia said:

Rain forecast for Sunday but they have Monday as a reserve day, but even that has rain forecast.

From what I'm reading, it could, if there's rain, be a 2 day final, with the matches continuing on Monday if its started and rained off on Sunday. That, and they've extended the possible playing hours on Monday. Apparently the 2nd innings needs to have had at least 10 overs bowled to get a result, not 5 as in the group stages.

Let's hope for good weather, and a rain uninterrupted game

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

Just now, Painter said:

From what I'm reading, it could, if there's rain, be a 2 day final, with the matches continuing on Monday if its started and rained off on Sunday. That, and they've extended the possible playing hours on Monday. Apparently the 2nd innings needs to have had at least 10 overs bowled to get a result, not 5 as in the group stages.

Let's hope for good weather, and a rain uninterrupted game

Let's hope we win the toss...especially with DLS looming

• Thumbs Up 3

4 minutes ago, coxyhog said:

More chance of rain in Melbourne on Monday that Sunday.

If Wood id fit who do you drop for him after yesterdays performance?

Think Chris Jordan would be the one that makes way, even though he's done nothing wrong.

Though I'd maybe go for Woakes as Jordan is good at the end.

5 minutes ago, galenkia said:

Think Chris Jordan would be the one that makes way, even though he's done nothing wrong.

Though I'd maybe go for Woakes as Jordan is good at the end.

I guess a lot will depend on how they read the wicket.Jordan was good yesterday.

• Thumbs Up 1