Cricket

coxyhog

Just now, Sangsom said:

I know Stokes is a legend, but how does he get into this team for the WC given his lack of T20 play this last year or so? Too many others sticking their hand up imo…..

Hopefully they don't go down the England football route and pick players on name not current performance.

• Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, Sangsom said:

I know Stokes is a legend, but how does he get into this team for the WC given his lack of T20 play this last year or so? Too many others sticking their hand up imo…..

He's a proper world class all rounder and fielder so a brave decision to leave him out.

Difficult one for the management...

Pick Stokes and he does nothing... should have stuck with Duckett/Brooks/whoever

Keep Duckett/Brooks/whoever and he fails... should have picked Stokes!

If Duckett and Brook keep on like last night, it would seem a bit unjust to drop them, but...

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Painter said:

If Duckett and Brook keep on like last night, it would seem a bit unjust to drop them, but...

Duckett isn't in the T20 squad for WC.

https://www.icc-cricket.com/news/2773147

As I understand it a new player can only come in now to cover for an injury from the original squad. Not sure how the standby players fit in,  2 bowlers and an all arounder?

However Livingstone and Butler are carrying injuries so maybe all isn't lost for Duckett?

They are just playing so many games at the moment it's hard as a casual fan to keep up with it.

Edited by Lemondropkid
  • Like 1
  • Surprised 1

37 minutes ago, Lemondropkid said:

Duckett isn't in the T20 squad for WC.

https://www.icc-cricket.com/news/2773147

As I understand it a new player can only come in now to cover for an injury from the original squad. Not sure how the standby players fit in,  2 bowlers and an all arounder?

However Livingstone and Butler are carrying injuries so maybe all isn't lost for Duckett?

They are just playing so many games at the moment it's hard as a casual fan to keep up with it.

This casual fan will stick with drawing maps 'cos keeping up with squad/team selection is beyond me!!

• Thumbs Up 1

Disappointed by the ending of the women's one day game at Lords.... I know its in the rules, but what happened to "gentlemanly conduct" and issuing a warning first? Feel for Charlie Dean - she was doing brilliantly with the number 11....

Mind you, good on her for shaking hands with the opposition afterwords. 

Edited by Painter
  • Thumbs Up 1