Cricket

coxyhog

16 hours ago, Painter said:

SA 118 all out

Now, do England forfeit their first innings and try to rattle SA out again, do we go out in T20 mode and aim to get 200 by 5.30 today and make 'em bat again, or do we bat "normally" and aim to get 400 by 5pm tomorrow, leaving a day to bowl them out?

None of the above(with hindsight).

9 hours ago, Sangsom said:

Crazy, they should have an option if both captains agree to play on the light BS should be over ridden. Even SA know it’s lost with 30 odd runs to get.

Yep I think the rule makers should be looking to change things,it is totally stupid to have to go into an extra day for such a small amount of runs when there are still 10 wickets standing.

Just now, galenkia said:

Great win for England by six wickets over a very good Pakistan team.

Not even the A team. Glad to see Hales do well again, he’s been an absolute beast for Notts the last few years, Ben Duckett also a consistent match winner for Notts as well.

• Like 2
  • Thumbs Up 1

29 minutes ago, Sangsom said:

Not even the A team. Glad to see Hales do well again, he’s been an absolute beast for Notts the last few years, Ben Duckett also a consistent match winner for Notts as well.

Agree... it was good to see a few newbies (OK, I know Hales isn't really a newbie) get a chance and grab it

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Sangsom said:

I’d say England have the deepest batting talent in the world currently in international T20. Bowling isn’t quite as deep so how many can be fit for the WC? Who knows……

Not sure how things are with Archer and Wood. Willey, Jordan, Curran's, Rashid and Topley all in with a shout.

Luke Wood put his name in the mix today.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, galenkia said:

Not sure how things are with Archer and Wood. Willey, Jordan, Curran's, Rashid and Topley all in with a shout.

Luke Wood put his name in the mix today.

Never saw Luke Wood play until he rocked up and played for the Trent rockets a couple of months back, he seems a pretty solid and reliable performer.