Cricket

coxyhog

32 minutes ago, galenkia said:

Our openers can't score f**k all yet Bumrah gets 31.

🤣

I think Lees is worth persevering with but Crawley has to go....except who to replace him with?

I would've said Jos Buttler but he's nailed down to the white ball now.

• Thumbs Up 1

43 minutes ago, coxyhog said:

I think Lees is worth persevering with but Crawley has to go....except who to replace him with?

I agree.... he's had some ripsnorters that would have got Cook et al out in the last few matches, plus of course that absurd  run out. Crawley, however, just wafts out off stump. As the lady commentator said "you feel like you could see that coming...."

• Like 2

England in a big pile of poo....before the match started KP said that although NZ are world test champions they are not a very good team - especially when they field only 3 front line bowlers - & India will be a lot different.

How right he was.

• Like 1

Stokes playing like a complete bonehead,dropped twice & then caught playing the same shot that he was dropped off the previous ball.

OK let's play attacking cricket but there has to be some prudence and intelligence involved as well.

Just now, coxyhog said:

Stokes playing like a complete bonehead,dropped twice & then caught playing the same shot that he was dropped off the previous ball.

OK let's play attacking cricket but there has to be some prudence and intelligence involved as well.

I was about to write the same....

What we need now is Jamie Overton to come in and score another 90. Oh....

Wonder what Billings is like with the bat?

15 minutes ago, coxyhog said:

Bairstow gone so I would think England will be facing a big deficit before batting last.

Time for a rain dance....

Yup.

So, let's say a lead of 120. Set England a target off, say, 450 in 5 sessions. My guess under the current regime is they'd go for it. After all, I don't think the current players (Root excepted) would be able to build an old fashioned test innings and just survive.

Question is, would the luck and the weather be in England's favour?

17 minutes ago, coxyhog said:

How was Potts out?

The replay clearly showed the ball was grounded before the catch!

Don’t think you could say it was that clear, they needed a side on shot really. Once the soft on field decision was out it was hard for the 3rd umpire to overturn it given the camera angle they had.

1 minute ago, Sangsom said:

Don’t think you could say it was that clear, they needed a side on shot really. Once the soft on field decision was out it was hard for the 3rd umpire to overturn it given the camera angle they had.

Yup. My gut said the replays showed it had bounced, but there wasnt a clear cut view that could be used as conclusive evidence. Umpires call, I suppose

4 hours ago, coxyhog said:

Fourth fastest 50 by an England opener in test cricket from Alex Lees.

Real shame he fell victim to another chaotic run out.

Tomorrow should be an interesting day. In theory.... no, I won't say it!!

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, coxyhog said:

Well Buttlers captaincy got off to a very shaky start,bowled first ball & England well & truly hammered.

It can only get better!

India played really well to be fair. Can’t win them all.

• Thumbs Up 1