Cricket

coxyhog

3 minutes ago, Painter said:

Beginning to wish i hadn't offered to go to mum's tomorrow to do some gardening....

I think TMS might be my friend.

Batting last not easy, but thought it had draw written all over it before today.

Interesting last day.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Just got home and turned on....

Lees just out.... 94-4.

Not sure what I'd do now, as we have quite a long tail. Plenty of time, just not enough wickets left, due to, er, top order failures.

Oh.... I do know I'd give Crawley a "rest"... which probably means he'll get another go...

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Britboy said:

Brilliant from Bairstow and Stokes.

As you said above, Crawley needs to go. That top order before Root really needs sorting out, just awful.

Lees needs time,f**k me, Crawley has had enough and still gets picked.

Think Lee's has good potential.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

31 minutes ago, galenkia said:

Lees needs time,f**k me, Crawley has had enough and still gets picked.

Think Lee's has good potential.

Agree... Lees  has got better these last 2 matches. Think Pope will live on for a few matches based on his first innings here. But Crawley has got to go back to County cricket for a bit.... but presumably there wont be any of that in the near future, so he'll be given the next test to prove himself....

• Thumbs Up 2

Now watching the 3rd & final ODI vs the Dutch.

It's so one sided that I wonder what is the point of it all,especially as I'm reading Jonathan Trott's book about his mental troubles at the moment.He puts a lot of it down to the ridiculously busy schedule.

• Like 1

Read this before and Marcus Trescothick"s,yet their touring schedule was less than the current player's face when you include IPL,Big Bang,PSL etc.

Why we need a white and red ball squad.

Edited by galenkia
  • Like 2

14 minutes ago, galenkia said:

Read this before and Marcus Trescothick"s,yet their touring schedule was less than the current player's face when you include IPL,Big Bang,PSL etc.

Why we need a white and red ball squad.

To be fair we have got white & red going on together at the moment I suppose.

But then I've just looked at the schedule for white ball....12 matches between 7th & 31st July.

Edited by coxyhog
  • Like 2

7 hours ago, coxyhog said:

Now watching the 3rd & final ODI vs the Dutch.

It's so one sided that I wonder what is the point of it all,especially as I'm reading Jonathan Trott's book about his mental troubles at the moment.He puts a lot of it down to the ridiculously busy schedule.

Just batting practice 

• Thumbs Up 1

15 minutes ago, Painter said:

Now Tim Southee's getting in on the act....

21-4. 

Now we'll see how well Bairstow and Stokes can build a Test innings, not a white ball innings 

You sure not white ball....?😂