Cricket

coxyhog

1 hour ago, galenkia said:

Better from the opener's.

In the last two matches,Roy,Butter and Livingstone scored 23 run's off 35 balls between them in six completed innings.

It’s India’s B bowlers today so let’s be an touch careful l.

• Thumbs Up 1

Indian police bust fake cricket league streamed for Russian punters

Police in India have shut down an elaborate hoax cricket league that saw labourers masquerading as professional cricket players allegedly to dupe gamblers in Russia.

Fashioned along the lines of the popular Indian Premier League, a group of men in the western Indian state of Gujarat hired a field, set up cameras and asked local labourers to dress up in team uniforms and play cricket.

The games were then streamed on YouTube to unsuspecting betting operations in Russia, who bet on match outcomes, Achal Tyagi, the top police official in Mehsana district told Reuters.

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2022-07-12/indian-police-bust-fake-cricket-league-ipl-russian-gamblers/101229466

• Haha 1

So much better from England and in particular the bowlers,Topley gets the best figures for an England bowler in ODI's.

Willey was pretty good too.

Good captaincy as well,bring on your # 2 spinner & he gets Jadeja first ball can't be bad.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, coxyhog said:

So much better from England and in particular the bowlers,Topley gets the best figures for an England bowler in ODI's.

Willey was pretty good too.

Good captaincy as well,bring on your # 2 spinner & he gets Jadeja first ball can't be bad.

Yes, good to see Topley doing well

• Like 1

England's Ben Stokes will retire from international one-day cricket after Tuesday's series opener against South Africa in Durham.

The 31-year-old has played 104 ODI matches for his country since making his debut against Ireland in 2011.

Stokes, player of the match when England beat New Zealand to win the 2019 World Cup final at Lord's, will continue playing T20 and Test cricket.

"Three formats are just unsustainable for me now," he said.

"This has been an incredibly tough decision to make. I have loved every minute of playing with my mates for England. We have had an incredible journey on the way."

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

4 hours ago, coxyhog said:

Mark Wood needs another op,crickets equivalent of sicknote Anderton.

That's the thing with quicks, to much strain on the body. Why Tymal Mill's only play's T20.  Still no sign of Jofra either.

On another note, still wondering what possessed my team Middlesex electing to bowl after winning the toss on the hottest day here ever. Lunacy, should of had Sussex slogging their guts out bowling.

• Like 1