Cricket

coxyhog

17 hours ago, Painter said:

SA 151 all out. The bowlers have dun gud.

Now it's the batters batsmen's turn. Predictions, anyone?

Well we're only 40 behind with 7 wickets remaining so should get a healthy lead.

But we're still very capable of losing.

19 minutes ago, coxyhog said:

Well we're only 40 behind with 7 wickets remaining so should get a healthy lead.

But we're still very capable of losing.

Yup.

Is Crawley going to turn into the next Tavere? Will he survive the opening hour? Will England survive until lunch? It's all good exciting stuff!

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Painter said:

Is Crawley going to turn into the next Tavere?

Painful memories of being at Lords watching Tavere bat versus the West Indies.

A West Indian supporter cracked eventually and bellowed out "Bring back Geoffrey Boycott!" 😀

All set up for a decent morning's cricket

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Lemondropkid said:

Painful memories of being at Lords watching Tavere bat versus the West Indies.

A West Indian supporter cracked eventually and bellowed out "Bring back Geoffrey Boycott!" 😀

All set up for a decent morning's cricket

I think Crawley is a good foil for the rest of the team tbh. So many attacking players in the team, you need someone to block one end?

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Painter said:

Got home at about 6.15 having not checked since lunchtime. 

What's this dec after England's score? I thought it was in the rule book that we didn't declare?!

Fucking miracle if we score enough to declare.

Brilliant from Foakes and Stokes. Really rate Foakes, good with the bat and the best wicketkeeper in the country IMO.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

4 minutes ago, Bobbyg said:

I think Crawley is a good foil for the rest of the team tbh. So many attacking players in the team, you need someone to block one end?

I'd agree, if he could only stay blocking one end and not waving his bat aimlessly...

Problem is, he has, as we all know, got a cracking cover drive, which he wants to demonstrate too often, resulting in a soft catch somewhere behind...

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Starshine said:

T20 World Cup: Jason Roy dropped by England

T20 World Cup: Jason Roy dropped by England, Chris Woakes & Mark Wood in - BBC Sport

Bairstow will open with Buttler

Maybe not...!!

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/cricket/2022/09/02/jonny-bairstow-ruled-t20-world-cup-final-test-freak-golf-accident/

Suspected broken leg, slipped whilst walking to a tee. 

Replaced by Ben Duckett.

• Surprised 1

SA 118 all out

Now, do England forfeit their first innings and try to rattle SA out again, do we go out in T20 mode and aim to get 200 by 5.30 today and make 'em bat again, or do we bat "normally" and aim to get 400 by 5pm tomorrow, leaving a day to bowl them out?