Cricket

coxyhog

26 minutes ago, coxyhog said:

There is one problem on the horizon,who do you drop for Bairstow?

I truly hope it's not Foakes.

Imo, the one who isn't performing is Crawley, despite his lovely cover drive...

But then who opens? 

Drop Brookes, as that's where Bairstow bats? Or, Foakes, and Bairstow keeps wicket? Or Root, who hasn't scored profusely of late...

It's an interesting dilemma to have...

As is who Archer replaces, although I can see a rotation of the quicks happening to help keep them all fit.

• Like 2

58 minutes ago, Painter said:

Imo, the one who isn't performing is Crawley, despite his lovely cover drive...

But then who opens? 

Drop Brookes, as that's where Bairstow bats? Or, Foakes, and Bairstow keeps wicket? Or Root, who hasn't scored profusely of late...

It's an interesting dilemma to have...

As is who Archer replaces, although I can see a rotation of the quicks happening to help keep them all fit.

Has Bairstow ever opened in the long game?.....Crawley is too much hit & miss,with the accent on miss.

Foakes is one of the best keepers in the world & also gets his share of runs,quite often making an under par score into a good one.

Edited by coxyhog
  • Thumbs Up 2

On 2/19/2023 at 1:59 PM, coxyhog said:

Has Bairstow ever opened in the long game?.....Crawley is too much hit & miss,with the accent on miss.

Foakes is one of the best keepers in the world & also gets his share of runs,quite often making an under par score into a good one.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/cricket/article-11777681/England-set-rest-Jimmy-Anderson-Stuart-Broad-second-Test-against-New-Zealand.html

also discussed the Bairstow conundrum.... but seems to suggest dropping Duckett, and allowing Mr cover drive Crawley to remain...

I just watched the highlights from yesterday,Brook is awesome.

The good news is they're starting earlier due to the rain yesterday,so I'll watch it again until around midnight or until I start to nod off....can't see that happening if Brook stays in.

28 minutes ago, Lemondropkid said:

I'm going 3. Out on a limb, don't think England would enforce the follow on. Too risky for having Anderson and Broad bowling back to back innings.

Think I agree. Knock 'em over  bat again, set 350, and let Anderson etc all at 'em again

• Thumbs Up 1

5 hours ago, Lemondropkid said:

I'm going 3. Out on a limb, don't think England would enforce the follow on. Too risky for having Anderson and Broad bowling back to back innings.

At their ages they need to be protected, even though you know they would bowl their hearts out every day.

• Thumbs Up 2

7 hours ago, Lemondropkid said:

I'm having a rethink....

If we knock the NZ tail over within, say, 15 overs tomorrow morning, especially if its 15 overs of mainly Robinson and leach, then we might well make 'em bat again....

• Thumbs Up 1

3 minutes ago, galenkia said:

Not a fan of asking for the follow on.

Leaves you in danger of trying to get a tricky score while batting last on a deteriorating wicket.

NZ right back in it now.

Agreed.... although it would have been a different story had the crumbled again...

It was good to see the kiwis doing what they do best... fighting! Could be a good day tomorrow if they keep doing so

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

7 minutes ago, Painter said:

Agreed.... although it would have been a different story had the crumbled again...

It was good to see the kiwis doing what they do best... fighting! Could be a good day tomorrow if they keep doing so

Shame it’s on BT as I only have Sky Sports on my phone through NOW TV.

Get to see the white ball games though.

• Like 1

Just now, galenkia said:

Shame it’s on BT as I only have Sky Sports on my phone through NOW TV.

Get to see the white ball games though.

I cheat and watch it through one of these free TV apps on.my tablet....works well most of the time... 

• Like 1
  • Great Info 1