The Ashes 2021/22

coxyhog

31 minutes ago, Jambo said:

Do many people actually attend County Championship games any more?

I am not being facetious but it has been donkey's years since I went to Lords (or later Edgebaston) and there were precious few customers than.

2 men and a dog mostly. The shorter formats get quite good crowds though….

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Jambo said:

Do many people actually attend County Championship games any more?

I am not being facetious but it has been donkey's years since I went to Lords (or later Edgebaston) and there were precious few customers than.

Varies really on the team. Some have a reasonable following, and depending on how they are performing in the Championship. No where near the shorter format games though. 

• Like 2

18 hours ago, Stillearly said:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/cricket/60016410

Replace County Championship to save England Test team - Jonathan Agnew

Easy answer. 

Scrap the Hundred and cut down the amount of T20 cricket at International level. 

Stop forcing out the 4 day games to the start and end of summer to accommodate the over surplus of white ball games. 

• Thumbs Up 1

13 minutes ago, galenkia said:

Easy answer. 

Scrap the Hundred and cut down the amount of T20 cricket at International level. 

Stop forcing out the 4 day games to the start and end of summer to accommodate the over surplus of white ball games. 

All they want now is money money money

• Thumbs Up 1

22 hours ago, galenkia said:

Easy answer. 

But that is exactly what "most" punters want to see on the box because it makes exciting TV.

Most of the general public simply do not have the time to devote to 4 day games and from the comments made to my previous question nothing has changed in the 20 or so years since I went to a County game.

Lets be honest. This last tour has been a national embarrassment.

• Like 1

Women same as men then?. 

One batter carrying the rest.

Batter How Out Bowler Runs Balls 4s 6s Mins SR
Total (95.3 overs) 260for8wickets    
Winfield-Hill c Mooney b Brown 4 7 1 0 10 57.14
Beaumont lbw b Perry 5 33 0 0 51 15.15
Knight not out   145 274 15 1 381 52.92
Sciver c Healy b Sutherland 15 42 2 0 52 35.71
Dunkley   b Perry 15 34 3 0 45 44.12
A Jones c Brown b Sutherland 13 25 2 0 44 52.00
Brunt lbw b King 1 12 0 0 12 8.33
Dean c McGrath b Gardner 9 40 0 0 47 22.50
Shrubsole c McGrath b Jonassen 3 21 0 0 22 14.29
Ecclestone not out   31 96 3 0 120 32.29
Extras 12nb 3w 1b 3lb 19
  • Like 1

Yesterday the commentators were all about whether the Poms would have to follow on, Heather Knight had other ideas getting 168 (doing something her male counterpart could not do by getting century in Australia), leaving a 40 run lead to the Aussies.

As I type this the Aussies are 2 / 12, there is some hope for the Poms.

• Surprised 1

7 hours ago, Chang_Paarp said:

Yesterday the commentators were all about whether the Poms would have to follow on, Heather Knight had other ideas getting 168 (doing something her male counterpart could not do by getting century in Australia), leaving a 40 run lead to the Aussies.

As I type this the Aussies are 2 / 12, there is some hope for the Poms.

Looks like rain gonna force the draw. Forecast is poor for the 4th and final day. 

Shame as it's nicely balanced now, a couple of early wickets could open the game wide out. 

• Thumbs Up 1

It was an exciting last day. The Aussies declared, I didn't think they left enough time to get the Poms out. The Poms fought back extremely well. It could have gone either way till the last 2 overs then the Poms capitulated to the draw, they still had a chance if they played for the win the risk being running out of wickets. The Aussies were still trying till the last ball, needing a wicket to win, just like the men's test. Blocking saving the Poms. The draw keeps the series alive for the Poms if they win all the ODI's.

It was a great match to watch.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

What a finish!!!.

England fall 12 short with one wicket remaining.

Incredible!.

BREAKINGMATCH DRAWN

INCREDIBLE.

Kate Cross survives.

The Ashes are still alive but that only tells half the story.

Article Reactions
  •  
    253 likes
  •  
    Dislike
    36 dislikes
Article share tools
  • Like 1