Finn near Pattaya with his throat cut in bed

lazarus

In the news...

Police launch a full probe into the death of Finnish national near Pattaya with his throat cut in bed

. . ."Police in Sattahip in Chonburi near Pattaya are still keeping an open mind after launching a thorough investigation into the death of a 57-year-old Finnish national who was found by his Thai wife on Tuesday morning at home in bed with his throat cut. Police, later that day, took the woman in for questioning after neighbours reported that the couple had quarrelled often although she told them that her husband was troubled and had threatened suicide several times due to domestic difficulties in his home country."...

. . .

https://aseannow.com/topic/1287986-police-launch-a-full-probe-into-the-death-of-finnish-national-near-pattaya-with-his-throat-cut-in-bed/?fbclid=IwAR1v-US5dkBNYhvJFzm8J7y-z41vJv7yPGKaPTJiekBKCzExotKyAqTeXf8

. . .

https://www.thaiexaminer.com/thai-news-foreigners/2023/03/01/police-probe-death-of-finn-near-pattaya-markku-tapani-karjalainen/

. . .

Screenshot 2023-03-02 065824.jpg

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, fygjam said:

I was thinking suicide even before I read the first post. I'll bet he cleaned the knife and put it away before getting back into bed.

In '97 I was walking around Pratunam market when we came across a right kerfuffle. The WWotN sallied forth to find out what the problem was.

Apparently they had just taken away the lower torso of a farang! The top half was later found in a wheelie bin in the multistorey carpark near Bayoke tower..

Police verdict:- Suicide.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

But back on subject. Whatever the reason, may the poor man RIP and may the REAL truth be found !

Exactly why the times a Thai woman threatened me with a knife I took the potential for a bad ending seriously.

Even more seriously than when guns were pointed in my direction.

Edited by lazarus
nine lives
  • Like 1

Almost all questionable farang deaths in Thailand are ruled suicides... The case is wrapped up in 10 minutes.....

Not a single farang jumper for the last 20 years was ever suspicious to the police that I can recall...

Edited by fforest
  • Haha 1

17 minutes ago, Trip said:

I was glad to learn Egg/Phil from Le Pub got out of his toxic hookup with the psycho who stabbed him a few times.

Best to 'cut' your losses sometimes and just move on.

He was not stabbed...He fell into the knife....So the girl was 100% innocent...lol

• Thumbs Up 1

5 hours ago, fforest said:

He was not stabbed...He fell into the knife....So the girl was 100% innocent...lol

He needs to fall out of that Milk money pit. Only 3 million baht and it can be yours, well the furniture and the lease any way.