What did you learn today?

fygjam

53 minutes ago, Zambo said:

I hadn't realised the 6 wheeler with Jody Scheckter driving had won the 1976 Swedish Grand Prix

Was the flag man smoking a cigar ..????

EDIT = I've just spotted the Avon Tyres! They became Cooper Tires and the land is now for sale after the factory closed last year.

They ended up making milking machines, respirators and "some military stuff" which meant they were able to remain open during Covid.

What a sad end to a Formula One icon ..... but hopefully the land will be redeveloped and drag Melksham out of the doldrums..... 

Edited by Derek Dangleberries

11 minutes ago, Derek Dangleberries said:

Was the flag man smoking a cigar ..????

I've just spent a considerable amount of time puzzling over your cryptic comment. Apart from several cigar box images i've also discovered that British American Tobacco bought out Tyrrell Racing.

Finally i've concluded that yes. The flag man is smoking a cigar.

• Thumbs Up 1

Is today St. Patties Day ?

Just saw a couple of Yank (New Yorkers) clowns dressed up like the Jolly Green Giant. 

Had a brilliant brief chat with them, super nice guys.

Fcuking Yankee fans.

16 minutes ago, thumper63 said:

I just saw that Drinking Street had been torn down. Years ago when Rocktaff and ukguy made their infamous trip to the land of BoomBoom.... we had a lot of fun in there.

Never met any of you guys.

But sure have missed you in here.

Spooky...

I go to eat at Dicey Riley's a little over an hour ago.

As I am waiting for my food the D.J. (who I can't see) begins doing the most protracted obnoxious sound check I have ever heard.

Finally he stops and some cover muzack songs begin to play. One of them is "I Can't Tell You Why" (The Eagles, Timothy B. Schmidt).

I get back to room. Take a shower. Pull up my YT, and a video of that same song is front and center.

What are the odds ?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, forcebwithu said:

I had chuckle and a sigh of relief when I learned why leave out words from sentences when making posts.

You word sentence post.

Nailed it!

• Haha 1