SCB - Easy Net to be discontinued from 14/07/2023 - use the app instead

fygjam

Unbelievable, so they're forcing customers to use smartphones and apps to conduct their banking other than visiting their branch. Well i've just closed my SCB account for other reasons a couple of weeks ago and opened another account at Bangkok Bank and wifey will be doing the same with her SCB account in the very near future.

The reason why i don't use my smartphone for banking is i just don't like it, i have trouble with the small touchscreen keyboard and constantly am having to correct my entries, also the small size of the screen is not conducive to my eyesight, not to mention having to move the screen around to see all the info, so i don't get the big picture.

My PC is not a problem in any of these respects, SCB can just f**k OFF.......

Rant over lol

• Like 1
  • Great Info 1
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1

55 minutes ago, Pumpuynarak said:

Unbelievable, so they're forcing customers to use smartphones and apps to conduct their banking other than visiting their branch. Well i've just closed my SCB account for other reasons a couple of weeks ago and opened another account at Bangkok Bank and wifey will be doing the same with her SCB account in the very near future.

The reason why i don't use my smartphone for banking is i just don't like it, i have trouble with the small touchscreen keyboard and constantly am having to correct my entries, also the small size of the screen is not conducive to my eyesight, not to mention having to move the screen around to see all the info, so i don't get the big picture.

My PC is not a problem in any of these respects, SCB can just f**k OFF.......

Rant over lol

Yeah, I got that message yesterday and have much the same issues. With a big screen and a mouse I can see and do a lot more on a PC than I can on a telephone. I've got the SCB app on my phone and it has some uses, like being able to scan a QR code to pay a bill, but otherwise I prefer to use the PC. In another fine example of lack-of-integration, all the payee details on the SCB Easy website do not appear in the phone app, so now I'll have to re-enter them by hand.

I'd get a bit peed off, but recently I get the impression that Barclays are heading in the same direction, their phone app can supposedly do more things more easily than you can via the online banking website. On top of which, it's more secure, or so they say. Really? I mean, how many people have lost or misplaced their desktop PC, compared with the number who've done it with their phone? Sigh, it's just the way of the future I guess, no point in railing against it.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Toy Boy said:

Yeah, I got that message yesterday and have much the same issues. With a big screen and a mouse I can see and do a lot more on a PC than I can on a telephone. I've got the SCB app on my phone and it has some uses, like being able to scan a QR code to pay a bill, but otherwise I prefer to use the PC. In another fine example of lack-of-integration, all the payee details on the SCB Easy website do not appear in the phone app, so now I'll have to re-enter them by hand.

I'd get a bit peed off, but recently I get the impression that Barclays are heading in the same direction, their phone app can supposedly do more things more easily than you can via the online banking website. On top of which, it's more secure, or so they say. Really? I mean, how many people have lost or misplaced their desktop PC, compared with the number who've done it with their phone? Sigh, it's just the way of the future I guess, no point in railing against it.

I've no doubt TB other banks will be looking to do the same thing, very possibly they will save on costs etc, thats got to be the motive imo.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Pumpuynarak said:

I've no doubt TB other banks will be looking to do the same thing, very possibly they will save on costs etc, thats got to be the motive imo.

I'm pretty sure this is a cost saving measure on SCB's part. They've done FA over the years with their website and it shows compared to other websites that been upgraded and improved over time.

Kasikorn did a major upgrade to their website a couple of months ago, so I would be very surprised if they abandon it and force all their users to the mobile app.

With SCB's move to discontinue their website they've effectively cut off a good portion of their customers who don't have a smartphone, or choose not to use a mobile banking app, from online services. There are also many, such as myself, that prefer the large screen and a keyboard for doing online banking who will now take their banking business to a competitor.

A very dumb move on their part.

• Thumbs Up 2

• 4 weeks later...
1 hour ago, forcebwithu said:

No last minute reprieve. Wonder how many SCB customers missed the notice and will be surprised to find the website gone.

and then ''SCB EASY NET will be discontinued'' ''Thank you for your continuous trust in our services''

Dean Martin (499x442).jpg

• Haha 2