Stridermans Service Information

Yesitisdakid

18 minutes ago, Painter said:

In the words of one of Steve's oldest friends, "Total fucking shambles. Steve would have loved it."

I believe he was dressed in his finest fluorescent shorts and shirt.

Pizza and a glass of vin du cheapo for me tonight in his memory. In the past I'd send him a pic, and get a picture of a pig in return. He sent a similar pic whenever he had a pizza, and got a similar reply.

Rest In Peace, ya grumpy sod.

Was the Babydolls cap on top of the coffin ...?  😜

• Haha 5

53 minutes ago, Painter said:

In the words of one of Steve's oldest friends, "Total fucking shambles. Steve would have loved it."

I believe he was dressed in his finest fluorescent shorts and shirt.

Pizza and a glass of vin du cheapo for me tonight in his memory. In the past I'd send him a pic, and get a picture of a pig in return. He sent a similar pic whenever he had a pizza, and got a similar reply.

Rest In Peace, ya grumpy sod.

He used to do exactly the same to me, I am home now drinking a real good bottle of red which always brought the best/worst out of him LOL

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, Yesitisdakid said:

It was interesting. I arrived at the temple at 10:00 a.m. as I was instructed to do so there were four of us that were closer to Steve and we were going to be the corner people so to speak. Our goal was to take the pillow type things and the flowers lay them on the casket one by one then hand among the other flower along with an envelope. It all seems as simple enough.

Well the other three of the chosen for showed up around 10:15 it was supposed to be at 11:00 service but they started it right away everything was finished by 11:00 and people had arrived after the service had ended. It was fast and easy it's just a shame that it didn't start when it was supposed to. In the end I would guess about 15 to 20 people maybe came either while the service was in progress or after it was over in any event Witherspoon's afterwards for a drink and that pretty much sums it up. I do know it's boring as hell walking without the grumpy old guy very much missed

Thanks Larry, he will be missed by many.

• Like 3
  • Thumbs Up 1

Good on you Larry, many of us are unfortunately going to end up old, sick, and single with no real companion/caregiver to help us. He went fast, but I’m damn sure having you around all the time those few weeks was so appreciated by him and eased his worries. 

Loyalty like that is getting rarer, every man for himself these days,” hey if it’s not my business, why do I get involved” ? I’m the laziest c**t that ever lived, BUT if someone calls me at 3 am with a flat tire or needs $20 to eat, I like to think that I’m always there for them….even if they’re not in my good graces. I’m reminded of this scene from one of my favourite movies…..just pure loyalty,  no questions asked…..one of the best one-liners in history IMO by Jeremy 

• Like 4

3 hours ago, Yesitisdakid said:

Well the other three of the chosen for showed up around 10:15 it was supposed to be at 11:00 service but they started it right away everything was finished by 11:00 and people had arrived after the service had ended

This happened at a funeral for a friend back in February. Same temple.

• Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

SNAFU  really, and seen same before many times.  My Driver, who initially took me to the wrong pace, pulled up at 10.50 as Larry and co were climbing BACK into a baht bus.  we tottered off, nicely clad but without a reason to be anywhere.  RIP Striderman.. TIT as they say

• Like 3
  • Thumbs Up 2

22 hours ago, Yesitisdakid said:

It was interesting. I arrived at the temple at 10:00 a.m. as I was instructed to do so there were four of us that were closer to Steve and we were going to be the corner people so to speak. Our goal was to take the pillow type things and the flowers lay them on the casket one by one then hand among the other flower along with an envelope. It all seems as simple enough.

Well the other three of the chosen for showed up around 10:15 it was supposed to be at 11:00 service but they started it right away everything was finished by 11:00 and people had arrived after the service had ended. It was fast and easy it's just a shame that it didn't start when it was supposed to. In the end I would guess about 15 to 20 people maybe came either while the service was in progress or after it was over in any event Witherspoon's afterwards for a drink and that pretty much sums it up. I do know it's boring as hell walking without the grumpy old guy very much missed

I have been to a couple of services in Thailand. It seems that this is the only thing in Thailand that starts early or on time.

• Like 2

15 hours ago, ChiFlyer said:

I have been to a couple of services in Thailand. It seems that this is the only thing in Thailand that starts early or on time.

actually most temples give a random time, sadly.  often the time they give is the time of the actual fire starting.  been to many and seen attendees arriving after, but ths was a first for us.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 2