Go Fund Me

Nightcrawler

8 hours ago, tko said:

Now that we can get VISA or MasterCard branded debit cards, I should probably do away with the credit card.

Does that limit the risk? I use a credit card for online purchases and restaurants/bars thinking the max possible loss is lower than if using a debit card (assuming there is a reasonable sum in the account).

4 hours ago, Zambo said:

Does that limit the risk? I use a credit card for online purchases and restaurants/bars thinking the max possible loss is lower than if using a debit card (assuming there is a reasonable sum in the account).

It's my understanding that VISA and MasterCard branded debit cards carry the same protection as their credit cards.

4 hours ago, Zambo said:

4 minutes ago, tko said:

It's my understanding that VISA and MasterCard branded debit cards carry the same protection as their credit cards.

With a debit card the money comes out of your account at the time of purchase. If there is a problem good luck getting the cash back. With a CC if there is a problem you simply refuse to pay it and they will go to bat for you with the place you had the problem with

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Yesitisdakid said:

With a debit card the money comes out of your account at the time of purchase. If there is a problem good luck getting the cash back. With a CC if there is a problem you simply refuse to pay it and they will go to bat for you with the place you had the problem with

With a bank debit card, I agree.  With the Visa/MasterCard insurance it's should be pretty easy to get it back.