Go Fund Me

Nightcrawler

7 hours ago, Nightcrawler said:

Internet begging scam  or worthwhile individual  charity ? 

I am looking for doners to fund my next holiday in Thailand😁😁

The price of rent boy's must have been hit by inflation as well.

• Haha 4

3 hours ago, Aqualung said:

Me and the TW were in town yesterday visiting her hairdresser and doing a bit of shopping at Siam Paragon and Siam Centre. 

Within a space of 300 metres there were at least 3 farangs sat around with a mat on the floor trying to sell tacky beaded bracelets and necklaces. Each one of them had a cardboard sign blatantly asking to "Go Fund my World Tour" and suchlike. 

Cheeky buggers and have no shame. I doubt the money they do make wouldn't get them to the end of the soi let alone around the world! 

Most of them are living off an allowance anyway, but just want bragging rights that they "funded their own trip" - backed up by a parental approved AMEX Gold card.

fucking wankers.

Edited by Butch
  • Thumbs Up 2
  • Haha 3
  • Surprised 1

18 hours ago, Butch said:

Most of them are living off an allowance anyway, but just want bragging rights that they "funded their own trip" - backed up by a parental approved AMEX Gold card.

fucking wankers.

They’ll get sweet FA off me at Christmas 

Im working at least 6 days a week to pay for my trip. All those lady drinks aren’t cheap these days!

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Haha 2

22 hours ago, Aqualung said:

Me and the TW were in town yesterday visiting her hairdresser and doing a bit of shopping at Siam Paragon and Siam Centre. 

Within a space of 300 metres there were at least 3 farangs sat around with a mat on the floor trying to sell tacky beaded bracelets and necklaces. Each one of them had a cardboard sign blatantly asking to "Go Fund my World Tour" and suchlike. 

Cheeky buggers and have no shame. I doubt the money they do make wouldn't get them to the end of the soi let alone around the world! 

Fcuk 'em

• Like 3

1 hour ago, coxyhog said:

Fcuk 'em

Exactly Coxy. 

They don't half look pathetic sitting on the sidewalk. 

In fact, when I go into the city again and see these western guys basically begging, I'm hoping there is a little old Thai lady or a blind Thai guy genuinely in need (maybe) next to them. 

I'll glady drop them some baht and make it known to the western wasters. 

• Thumbs Up 4

23 hours ago, Aqualung said:

I'd end calling them a fucking embarrassment or similar.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

A new twist on e-begging to fund a holiday. I the guy's defense it didn't start out that way.

Teen's online dare sparks Thai dream

A 13-year-old American boy's Instagram challenge sent Muay Thai boxing viral and set a record for likes on a comment on the platform after he promised to follow the advice of the most liked comment on his post, according to Korn Chatikavanij.

Mr Korn, who is a former finance minister, wrote about the phenomenon unleashed by Instagram user "reed_harrington23"'s short video clip.

"Okay. When I hit 200,000 followers, I do whatever the top comment said on the video and post it," the teenager said in the video posted on Sept 29. Reed Harrington is a seventh-grade student in the US, and the clip received 1.5 million likes and more than 45,500 comments, including an offer to purchase a ticket for him to fly to Thailand. Another suggested he train to fight in Thailand, while others included an offer to be his personal photographer, and a documentary maker wanted to film his trip to Thailand.

In the end, the top comment came from user fiven9nekid:

"Fly to small town in Thailand, get accepted by their people, learn the language, train Muay Thai for a year and half, fight in a tournament, win the tournament, return to the USA and join the UFC, stay in shape & go undefeated in your weight class, retire and do an interview saying this comment was the reason you fought so hard."

The comment received about 2.57 million likes and broke the likes record for a comment on Instagram. The boy now has more than 329,000 followers.

True to his word, Harrington has now begun a GoFundMe campaign to meet the challenge. At press time, "A trip to Thailand for me and my dad" had received more than US$7,200 from 587 donations. His target is US$15,000.

On 10/24/2023 at 8:33 AM, forcebwithu said:

A new twist on e-begging to fund a holiday. I the guy's defense it didn't start out that way.

Teen's online dare sparks Thai dream

A 13-year-old American boy's Instagram challenge sent Muay Thai boxing viral and set a record for likes on a comment on the platform after he promised to follow the advice of the most liked comment on his post, according to Korn Chatikavanij.

Mr Korn, who is a former finance minister, wrote about the phenomenon unleashed by Instagram user "reed_harrington23"'s short video clip.

"Okay. When I hit 200,000 followers, I do whatever the top comment said on the video and post it," the teenager said in the video posted on Sept 29. Reed Harrington is a seventh-grade student in the US, and the clip received 1.5 million likes and more than 45,500 comments, including an offer to purchase a ticket for him to fly to Thailand. Another suggested he train to fight in Thailand, while others included an offer to be his personal photographer, and a documentary maker wanted to film his trip to Thailand.

In the end, the top comment came from user fiven9nekid:

"Fly to small town in Thailand, get accepted by their people, learn the language, train Muay Thai for a year and half, fight in a tournament, win the tournament, return to the USA and join the UFC, stay in shape & go undefeated in your weight class, retire and do an interview saying this comment was the reason you fought so hard."

The comment received about 2.57 million likes and broke the likes record for a comment on Instagram. The boy now has more than 329,000 followers.

True to his word, Harrington has now begun a GoFundMe campaign to meet the challenge. At press time, "A trip to Thailand for me and my dad" had received more than US$7,200 from 587 donations. His target is US$15,000.

That is some serious bar fine cabbage for a kid that age !

7 hours ago, forcebwithu said:

Now up to $8,241 for the kid.

Call me old fashion, but I still believe it's best to work for something you want. Asking for donations to fund a holiday is BS.

Couldn't agree more.
This kid is starting life out believing he can achieve things by begging instead of working and saving your money.

• Like 3

8 hours ago, thegrogmonster said:

Couldn't agree more.
This kid is starting life out believing he can achieve things by begging instead of working and saving your money.

And that's on the parents for allowing the e-begging. And worse still is the old man is part of the e-begging as the title of the GoFundMe page is "A trip to Thailand for me and my dad".

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 2
  • Haha 1

On 10/26/2023 at 5:48 PM, forcebwithu said:

And that's on the parents for allowing the e-begging. And worse still is the old man is part of the e-begging as the title of the GoFundMe page is "A trip to Thailand for me and my dad".

Yeah, nothing like teaching your young'uns good values...jeez. 

• Like 2

On 10/29/2023 at 1:04 AM, Butch said:

I'm sure most of us are from the " old school" which pretty much says, "never a borrower or lender be". I broke that rule when I got my first mortgage but try my best to live by the dogma of "If you can't afford it, don't buy it, or save up until you can".

I paid off my US mortgage a few years before I retired, and that's technically the last debt I ever had.  I do have a credit card for certain online purchases that require it, but I pay it off as soon as I use it.  Now that we can get VISA or MasterCard branded debit cards, I should probably do away with the credit card.

• Thumbs Up 1