Happiness

Glasseye

32 minutes ago, Nightcrawler said:

Happiness  is a state of mind,  IMO

It's more of a temporary emotion that comes and goes

Not sure that any of us can be happy all the time. Being content is another matter.

Hit it on the head...  It's still great when it's there.   

• Like 1

On 11/14/2023 at 5:07 PM, Nightcrawler said:

Happiness  is a state of mind,  IMO

It's more of a temporary emotion that comes and goes

Not sure that any of us can be happy all the time. Being content is another matter.

Pharell Williams seemed to have nailed it.

I agree with you though, it is a temporary state of mind. I prefer contentment to happiness, as being content is a much easier bar to achieve.

Happiness is also relative. A starving African kid will be happy with a mars bar. My level of happiness involves several big titted Asian females, a bouncy castle , a few gallons of baby oil and 5 bottles of champagne.

However, yes, happiness is great while it lasts. My biggest issue is that some people on this planet are destined to lead the most wretched of lives and never experience it. That is simply wrong and unfair.

Edited by Butch
  • Like 1

Comes and goes.

Though certainly very content with my life these days, and no feeling like a c**t as my addiction has just had me doing something i know was out of order. Though that i used to get the guilt, i always kinda knew in the head i wasn't a bad person who didn't care, just when you're in active addiction, that takes precedence over everything else.

And part of my contentment these days was being able to apologise and make amends where possible to family, friends, ex girlfriends or whomever i had let down or abused in whatever way while using. 

• Like 1